Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > International language encoding conversion

International language encoding conversion

newbie

Now that Ruby 1.9.1 supports utf-8, it will be great to play with some
international languages in Ruby. But I have a question about encoding
other than utf-8. As for Chinese, some people still use gb2312 or big5
encodings. How can I make Ruby 1.9.1 recognize them, or even
automatically convert them to utf-8, if possible? Thanks a lot!