Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > RE: deploy asp.net app

RE: deploy asp.net app

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Zino,

As for the deploying problem you mentioned, I'm wondering what's the
components or content you put in the
two sub folders? classes assemblies?

Generally, it is recommended that we put all the class libraries(assemblies
) in the application's private bin folder or in the server's GAC(for strong
name assembly). That'll help the asp.net to do runtime monitoring on the
assemblies. And when deploying the application server, we should complied
all the necessary assemblies before move to the production server.

So if there are source files in SQL folder or myClasses folder, I suggest
that you move them away to the private "bin" folder and precompiled them
into assembly before deploying to the product server.
Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

=?Utf-8?B?emlubw==?=

Thanks for your help

Deploy won't deploy Masterpage.master GaryDean ASP .Net 1 04-14-2009 01:50 AM
proper way to deploy a web app to IIS? Flip ASP .Net 4 11-17-2004 03:14 PM
Deploy app w/ CR on box with CR Harry Simpson ASP .Net 0 08-30-2004 07:41 PM
deploy asp.net app Mike ASP .Net 3 06-02-2004 07:42 PM
deploy asp.net app Mike ASP .Net 1 04-05-2004 12:50 PM

Advertisments