Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Great Lakes Ruby Bash -- Great Line-Up of Speakers -- RegistrationOpen (Hurry for Lunch!)

Great Lakes Ruby Bash -- Great Line-Up of Speakers -- RegistrationOpen (Hurry for Lunch!)

Eric I.

Registration is open for the Great Lakes Ruby Bash, but given that we
have to give our caterer the lunch order in advance, sign up by Monday
evening to guarantee your lunch. We have people traveling here to
attend from as far away as Chapel Hill, NC and Denver, CO.

The Great Lakes Ruby Bash is the successor to RubyConf*MI, one of the
first ever regional Ruby conferences. This is a one-day conference
that will contain a mix of 30-minute and 1-hour talks, covering Ruby,
Rails, and related topics.

Attendance is $50 and includes lunch (only guaranteed if you register
by Monday, October 6th, 11:59pm).

Where:
Ann Arbor, on the beautiful University of Michigan campus

When:
Saturday, October 11th

Talks Include:
Jim Weirich : Playing it Safe - How to write
library friendly code in Ruby
Larry Karnowski : Usability on Rails: Tips & Tricks
for Creating Passionate Users
Brandon Dimcheff : Metawhat? A look into the
mysterious metaclass
Michael Bleigh : Hacking the Mid-End: Advanced
Rails UI Techniques
Daniel Berger : New Features in Test::Unit 2.0
Brandon Keepers: Behavior Driven Development with
Cucumber
Joseph Faisal Nusairat : Using Active Scaffold
(note: all the above are confirmed, but the
schedule is subject to change)

Additional Information:
http://greatlakesrubybash.org

Registration:
http://greatlakesrubybash.eventwax.c...akes-ruby-bash

Blog:
http://blog.greatlakesrubybash.org

Twitter:
http://twitter.com/greatlakesruby

We look forward to seeing you there!

-- The Great Lakes Ruby Bash Volunteer Brigade