Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > speed tests for ruby interpreters

speed tests for ruby interpreters

Vivek

Hi all,
Are there any published tests for the speed of various ruby
interpreters available and also how it compares with other languages
like python,java,perl etc.I do hear concerns about the fact that ruby
is a tad slow compared to others but I want to see if some tests exist
to prove this.

Vivek

Michael Morin

Vivek wrote:
> Hi all,
> Are there any published tests for the speed of various ruby
> interpreters available and also how it compares with other languages
> like python,java,perl etc.I do hear concerns about the fact that ruby
> is a tad slow compared to others but I want to see if some tests exist
> to prove this.
>
> Vivek

Shootout is an interesting benchmark. Not sure how relevant it is though.

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/

--
Michael Morin
Guide to Ruby

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

https://rubyforge.org/docman/view.ph...705/Slides.pdf

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
ruby-perspectives.blogspot.com

"A mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into theorems." --
Alfréd Rényi via Paul Erdős