Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Error: Server Application Unavailable

Error: Server Application Unavailable

Nobody

After moving the web server from windows2000 to Windows 2003, II6. I'll got
this error when running asp code:

Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser
to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific
request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server.
Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

Any hints please?

Serdar Kalaycę

You must add and allow ASP.Net in the Web Services Extensions page in the
IIS.

"Nobody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> After moving the web server from windows2000 to Windows 2003, II6. I'll

got
> this error when running asp code:
>
> Server Application Unavailable
> The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
> currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web

browser
> to retry your request.
>
> Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific
> request failure can be found in the application event log of the web

server.
> Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.
>

> Any hints please?

=?Utf-8?B?QnJhZCBSb2JlcnRz?=

I had a similar message displayed, at first, after the upgrade to 2003. My
web site was instantiating a COM+ component that used ADODB. My MDAC got
hosed during the conversion. If you think this may be it, check the version
info on the usual MDAC DLLs against the version of ADODB32.DLL. Mine
conflicted. I can assist in this further if this is the case. I have posted
this elsewhere...

"Nobody" wrote:

> After moving the web server from windows2000 to Windows 2003, II6. I'll got
> this error when running asp code:
>
> Server Application Unavailable
> The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
> currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser
> to retry your request.
>
> Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific
> request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server.
> Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.
>

> Any hints please?

Nobody

More help please......please

"Brad Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Also, on mine, the NETWORK_SERVICE and ASP.NET accounts on the web server

had
> to be modified to give them access to the root web virtual directory so

that
> .NET could check versions on assemblies etc. This was not done

automatically
> by the conversion.
>
> "Brad Roberts" wrote:
>
> > I had a similar message displayed, at first, after the upgrade to 2003.

My
> > web site was instantiating a COM+ component that used ADODB. My MDAC got
> > hosed during the conversion. If you think this may be it, check the

version
> > info on the usual MDAC DLLs against the version of ADODB32.DLL. Mine
> > conflicted. I can assist in this further if this is the case. I have

posted
> > this elsewhere...
> >
> > "Nobody" wrote:
> >
> > > After moving the web server from windows2000 to Windows 2003, II6.

I'll got
> > > this error when running asp code:
> > >
> > > Server Application Unavailable
> > > The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
> > > currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web

browser
> > > to retry your request.
> > >
> > > Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this

specific
> > > request failure can be found in the application event log of the web

server.
> > > Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to

occur.

> > > Any hints please?

RP

Check the EventLog, what errors r you getting?

"Nobody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> More help please......please
>
> "Brad Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Also, on mine, the NETWORK_SERVICE and ASP.NET accounts on the web

server
> had
> > to be modified to give them access to the root web virtual directory so

> that
> > .NET could check versions on assemblies etc. This was not done

> automatically
> > by the conversion.
> >
> > "Brad Roberts" wrote:
> >
> > > I had a similar message displayed, at first, after the upgrade to

2003.
> My
> > > web site was instantiating a COM+ component that used ADODB. My MDAC

got
> > > hosed during the conversion. If you think this may be it, check the

> version
> > > info on the usual MDAC DLLs against the version of ADODB32.DLL. Mine
> > > conflicted. I can assist in this further if this is the case. I have

> posted
> > > this elsewhere...

> I'll got

is