Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Form authentication in a virtual directory

Form authentication in a virtual directory

John Boghossian

Is it possible to get forms authentication to work for a virtual directory
in a site?
I have been trying with the simplest MSDN sample but it doesn't seem to
work. I have tried in a virtual directory on my dev box and on a virtual
directory on a production server, but I never get authenticated, the login
page is the ony thing shown. If I on the other hand put it in the root of a
site it works.

Regards
John Boghossian

Craig Deelsnyder

On 8/20/2004 1:28 AM, John Boghossian wrote:
> Is it possible to get forms authentication to work for a virtual directory
> in a site?
> I have been trying with the simplest MSDN sample but it doesn't seem to
> work. I have tried in a virtual directory on my dev box and on a virtual
> directory on a production server, but I never get authenticated, the login
> page is the ony thing shown. If I on the other hand put it in the root of a
> site it works.
>
> Regards
> John Boghossian

Sure have, most of my development is that way of course (don't setup
multiple sites, use virt directories). Are you sure that ASP.NET is
installed correctly (re-run aspnet_regiis -i)...also, are you positive
that you are authenticating the correct info; I mean, how are you
authenticating? Web.config entries, custom roles, etc. Have you
debugged it (if possible) and made sure it's not invalid credentials
compared to what the server wants?

--
Craig Deelsnyder
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

John Boghossian

Hello Craig,

thanks for your input.

I actually got it to work yesterday after rebooting the machine. Strange
huh...

Regards
John

news:(E-Mail Removed)...