Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > asp.net and chaning betten http and https

asp.net and chaning betten http and https

Darren Clark

I am just about to start work on the ecommerce section of our site and need
some advise please

Currently people are able to create a login to the site and they have lots
of functionality that they can use.

NOw there is a sectoin we are adding in which registered members can
purchase items from the site.

the question is... i have session values that we use in the site for various
things, but is ASP.NET similar to asp in the way that when you change from
http to https you lose all session vars?

Is ther anything i need to consider when trying to keep my sessio vars when
switching between http and https

Patrice

AFAIK this is the same. You coud for example persiste session values server
side (those at least you have a use for) so that you can restore them in the
https session...

Patrice

--

news:(E-Mail Removed)...