Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > adding files to rdoc

Reply
Thread Tools

adding files to rdoc

 
 
Roger Pack
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2008
Wasn't able to find an answer to this one trivially...

So gemspecs have the 'rdoc_extra_files' option to be able to specify
README as their main file [index.html].
How might this be accomplished on the command line? rdoc --help doesn't
mention extra files.
rdoc --main README results in

Generating HTML...
Could not find main page README

Thanks!
-R
--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Eric Hodel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2008
On Jul 24, 2008, at 22:56 PM, Roger Pack wrote:
> Wasn't able to find an answer to this one trivially...
>
> So gemspecs have the 'rdoc_extra_files' option to be able to specify
> README as their main file [index.html].
> How might this be accomplished on the command line? rdoc --help
> doesn't
> mention extra files.
> rdoc --main README results in
>
> Generating HTML...
> Could not find main page README


rdoc --main README README

should do it, you also have to put the file in the files list.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Roger Pack
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2008
Eric Hodel wrote:
> On Jul 24, 2008, at 22:56 PM, Roger Pack wrote:
>> Could not find main page README

> rdoc --main README README
>
> should do it, you also have to put the file in the files list.


Thank you!
rdoc --main README . README
indeed does the trick.
-R
--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to use rdoc parsers outside of rdoc? Paul Van Delst Ruby 0 07-27-2006 07:18 PM
rdoc: how to add readme.rdoc as index.html? Iwan van der Kleyn Ruby 1 04-26-2005 12:37 PM
[RDOC] Using a template causes rdoc not to document some classes Daniel Berger Ruby 1 11-02-2004 08:23 PM
rdoc bug (and rdoc bug tracker site is down) Brian Schröder Ruby 5 09-18-2004 02:08 PM
rdoc: how to generate rdoc & ri documentation of standard library? Andreas Schwarz Ruby 6 01-01-2004 03:09 AM



Advertisments