Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > double Click

double Click

Grant

I am wondering what is the surest way to prevent user from double clicking
on a button and in this case it is a deposit button. Sometime the user is
impatient after clicking on the button so they would click on it again which
would double charge on the credit cards.

Kevin Spencer

Hi Grant,

Several alternatives:

1. Handle the second click on the server - Figure out a way to know whether
the button has been clicked already, and don't respond to a second.
2. Disable the button after the first click using client-side JavaScript.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"Grant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am wondering what is the surest way to prevent user from double clicking
> on a button and in this case it is a deposit button. Sometime the user is
> impatient after clicking on the button so they would click on it again

which
> would double charge on the credit cards.

Lucas Tam

"Kevin Spencer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Several alternatives:
>
> 1. Handle the second click on the server - Figure out a way to know
> whether the button has been clicked already, and don't respond to a
> second. 2. Disable the button after the first click using client-side
> JavaScript.

3. Redirect the use to a processing page : )

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

Saber

I use Sessions to prevent users to do so:
If Session("clicked") = "" Then

Session("clicked") = "something"

'Your button_click code goes here

End If