Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: multiline property in txtbox, but max char not working.

Re: multiline property in txtbox, but max char not working.

Kevin Spencer

Although ASP.Net uses the same class to display both a single-line textbox
(HTML input type=text) and a multi-line textbox (HTML textarea), they are 2
completely different HTML objects. An input type=text object has a maxLength
attribute; a textarea does not. The only way to restrict the length of data
in a textarea is with Validation.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a text box and am using it for user input, string up to 50

characters