Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > 401.3 error redirecting

Reply
Thread Tools

401.3 error redirecting

 
 
tony
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-19-2004
I've been searching through the threads to find a solution for 401.3 error
triggered by windows authentication not being able to redirect to a custom
error page to no avail. It seems that ASP.NET does not redirect 401 errors
yet changing the Custom Errors redirect in IIS does not help either. Has
anyone found a solution to this problem? Seems like it should be a commonly
encountered problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-19-2004
Hi Tony,

You cannot do this. The 401.3 is handled prior to ASP.NET's ISAPI filter
having the opportunity to do anything with it.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
Microsoft Developer Support
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

This post is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

--------------------
>From: "tony" <test>
>Subject: 401.3 error redirecting
>Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:43:42 -0700
>Lines: 8
>X-Priority: 3
>X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
>X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
>X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
>Message-ID: <(E-Mail Removed)>
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
>NNTP-Posting-Host: 207-213-137-145.ded.pacbell.net 207.213.137.145
>Path:

cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEED01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFT NGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP12
.phx.gbl
>Xref: cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet:256245
>X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
>
>I've been searching through the threads to find a solution for 401.3 error
>triggered by windows authentication not being able to redirect to a custom
>error page to no avail. It seems that ASP.NET does not redirect 401 errors
>yet changing the Custom Errors redirect in IIS does not help either. Has
>anyone found a solution to this problem? Seems like it should be a

commonly
>encountered problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
>
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
tony
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-19-2004
Thanks for the response, I understand that ASP.NET will not be able to
handle this error, is there another way to redirect a 401.3 error to a
custom error page? I tried redirect in IIS under the custom error tag for
the webpage, but that didn't work, it still shows the ASP.NET generated
401.3 error page.


"Jim Cheshire [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Tony,
>
> You cannot do this. The 401.3 is handled prior to ASP.NET's ISAPI filter
> having the opportunity to do anything with it.
>
> Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
> MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
> Microsoft Developer Support
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> This post is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
>
> --------------------
> >From: "tony" <test>
> >Subject: 401.3 error redirecting
> >Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:43:42 -0700
> >Lines: 8
> >X-Priority: 3
> >X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
> >X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
> >X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
> >Message-ID: <(E-Mail Removed)>
> >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
> >NNTP-Posting-Host: 207-213-137-145.ded.pacbell.net 207.213.137.145
> >Path:

>

cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEED01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFT NGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP12
> phx.gbl
> >Xref: cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl

microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet:256245
> >X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
> >
> >I've been searching through the threads to find a solution for 401.3

error
> >triggered by windows authentication not being able to redirect to a

custom
> >error page to no avail. It seems that ASP.NET does not redirect 401

errors
> >yet changing the Custom Errors redirect in IIS does not help either. Has
> >anyone found a solution to this problem? Seems like it should be a

> commonly
> >encountered problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
> >
> >
> >

>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-23-2004
Tony,

It sounds like you are trying to find a way to do this within IIS since
ASP.NET cannot do it. If that's the case, you may want to post this
question in an IIS newsgroup.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
Microsoft Developer Support
(E-Mail Removed)

This post is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.


--------------------
>From: "tony" <test>
>References: <(E-Mail Removed)>

<(E-Mail Removed)>
>Subject: Re: 401.3 error redirecting
>Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:37:51 -0700
>Lines: 57
>X-Priority: 3
>X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
>X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
>X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
>Message-ID: <(E-Mail Removed)>
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
>NNTP-Posting-Host: 207-213-137-145.ded.pacbell.net 207.213.137.145
>Path:

cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEED01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFT NGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP12
.phx.gbl
>Xref: cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet:256303
>X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
>
>Thanks for the response, I understand that ASP.NET will not be able to
>handle this error, is there another way to redirect a 401.3 error to a
>custom error page? I tried redirect in IIS under the custom error tag for
>the webpage, but that didn't work, it still shows the ASP.NET generated
>401.3 error page.
>
>
>"Jim Cheshire [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi Tony,
>>
>> You cannot do this. The 401.3 is handled prior to ASP.NET's ISAPI filter
>> having the opportunity to do anything with it.
>>
>> Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
>> MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
>> Microsoft Developer Support
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>
>> This post is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
>>
>> --------------------
>> >From: "tony" <test>
>> >Subject: 401.3 error redirecting
>> >Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:43:42 -0700
>> >Lines: 8
>> >X-Priority: 3
>> >X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
>> >X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
>> >X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
>> >Message-ID: <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
>> >NNTP-Posting-Host: 207-213-137-145.ded.pacbell.net 207.213.137.145
>> >Path:

>>

>cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEED01.phx.gbl!TK2MSF TNGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP1

2
>> phx.gbl
>> >Xref: cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl

>microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet:256245
>> >X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
>> >
>> >I've been searching through the threads to find a solution for 401.3

>error
>> >triggered by windows authentication not being able to redirect to a

>custom
>> >error page to no avail. It seems that ASP.NET does not redirect 401

>errors
>> >yet changing the Custom Errors redirect in IIS does not help either.

Has
>> >anyone found a solution to this problem? Seems like it should be a

>> commonly
>> >encountered problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>> >
>> >
>> >

>>

>
>
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
forcing cookies to use SSL and redirecting to custom error page =?Utf-8?B?RGFuIEtyYWltYW4=?= ASP .Net 0 12-30-2005 04:22 PM
Error when redirecting to an asp page from an aspx page Loui Mercieca ASP .Net 3 09-03-2005 04:31 PM
Redirecting a 404 error Corona HTML 6 06-26-2005 03:40 AM
redirecting standard error Rob Z C++ 3 12-03-2004 09:32 AM
Handling errors and not redirecting to a custom error page =?Utf-8?B?Sm9yZ2UgTWF0b3M=?= ASP .Net 2 10-29-2004 06:17 PM



Advertisments