Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Software for web-based private discussion groups

Software for web-based private discussion groups

Axel Etzold

Dear all,

I'd like to set up a web-based discussion group for some 20-50 people.
It should be possible to restrict access to some of the messages, as it is
finance-related ...
Can you recommend a software written in Ruby to do this easily ?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Axel

Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/wasistshortv...=sv_ext_mf@gmx

Igal Koshevoy

Axel Etzold wrote:
> I'd like to set up a web-based discussion group for some 20-50 people.
> It should be possible to restrict access to some of the messages, as it is
> finance-related ...
> Can you recommend a software written in Ruby to do this easily ?

Rather than setting visibility on individual messages, wouldn't it be
better to setup multiple discussion groups, one that's world readable
and others that are restricted to only people that you or some other
moderator approve? That way when someone interacts in a specific group,
they know the visibility policy up front. Is Google Groups sufficient
for your needs? How about something like Beast [http://beast.caboo.se/]?

-igal