Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Mozilla e-mail signature useless?

Mozilla e-mail signature useless?

charles adams

I am using Mozilla e-mail 1.5.

I find, if I understand it correctly, that Mozllia allows only one
signature file. I send e-mail to associates, friends, and family. It
seems Mozilla E-mail will only add the signature "Love, etc." to a
friend or "Your friend, etc." to an e-mail to my wife. I would like to
have several choices of e-mail signatures at e-mail send time. Is
there a way to have this with Mozilla e-mail?

Ed Mullen

charles adams wrote:

> I am using Mozilla e-mail 1.5.
>
> I find, if I understand it correctly, that Mozllia allows only one
> signature file. I send e-mail to associates, friends, and family. It
> seems Mozilla E-mail will only add the signature "Love, etc." to a
> friend or "Your friend, etc." to an e-mail to my wife. I would like to
> have several choices of e-mail signatures at e-mail send time. Is
> there a way to have this with Mozilla e-mail?

Signature files can be set on a per-account basis. So, to have
different signatures for each email sent using the same account you need
to use something like Tagzilla.

http://tagzilla.mozdev.org/index.html

Install jslib *before* you install Tagzilla.

http://jslib.mozdev.org/installation.html

Once there you can create a simple text file that you point Tagzilla to
containing as many signatures as you like. Everytime you send an email
or newsgroup message you can select the specific tag you want.

Now, my sig is the first 3 lines you see below: the "-- ", then my name,
then my web site address. That's standard for this particular newsgroup
for me. The final line was inserted by Tagzilla. You can, however,
setup Tagzilla signatures almost anyway you like.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

charles

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:00:52 -0600, charles adams
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am using Mozilla e-mail 1.5.
>
>I find, if I understand it correctly, that Mozllia allows only one
>signature file. I send e-mail to associates, friends, and family. It
>seems Mozilla E-mail will only add the signature "Love, etc." to a
>friend or "Your friend, etc." to an e-mail to my wife. I would like to
>have several choices of e-mail signatures at e-mail send time. Is
>there a way to have this with Mozilla e-mail?

That function is only one of the many that MozTweak provides which you
can get at <http://mozillapl.mozdev.org/>. Works great with v1.41.