Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Will Thunderbird auto-delete the expired news?

Will Thunderbird auto-delete the expired news?

Ricco@Mobility

It seems it won't automatcally delete expired news. However, on the same server, same group, both OE and Netscape Messenger 4.x can do it.

Is there any way to do so?

This is Ricco@Hong Kong

Leonidas Jones

Ricco@Mobility wrote:
> It seems it won't automatcally delete expired news. However, on the same server, same group, both OE and Netscape Messenger 4.x can do it.
>
> Is there any way to do so?

Not so far as I have seen. Click on the oldest new message, you will
see an expired warning. Click on the remove unexpired message link. A
new TB window will open. Close the old one, the new one will not show
the expired messages.

Its been this way in Mozilla products since Moz 1.0. Why, I really
don't know. Its a pain, but it ends up working okay.

Lee

Ricco@Mobility

So far I am still not treating Thunderbird as my prefered news reader...
just because of two problems:
1. The same as I questioned in this post.
2. The thread sorting order problem... New messages in a large, expaneded thread may get wrong order after Get Mail button being clicked. This is the most significant weakness Mozilla/Thunderbird shouldn't have...

--
This is Ricco@Hong Kong

Leonidas Jones said the following:
> Ricco@Mobility wrote:
>
>> It seems it won't automatcally delete expired news. However, on the
>> same server, same group, both OE and Netscape Messenger 4.x can do it.
>>
>> Is there any way to do so?

> Not so far as I have seen. Click on the oldest new message, you will
> see an expired warning. Click on the remove unexpired message link. A
> new TB window will open. Close the old one, the new one will not show
> the expired messages.
>
> Its been this way in Mozilla products since Moz 1.0. Why, I really
> don't know. Its a pain, but it ends up working okay.
>
> Lee

Timeout expired and General Network error Joerg Schrocke ASP .Net 1 10-25-2005 08:22 AM
Expired newsgroups Mr. Johnson Firefox 4 10-08-2005 02:16 PM
how to make the page expired when click back button Darick Perl 2 05-31-2004 09:05 AM

Advertisments