Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > User Agent with 1.6

User Agent with 1.6

buck naked

Isn't there a way to change how Mozilla identifies itself under 1.6? I use
several sites that only accept IE, and I'm not about to go back to the evil
empire now (yes...even though I'm posting from OE).

Any ideas?

Alvaro G. Vicario

*** "buck naked" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió/wrote (25 ene 2004):
> Isn't there a way to change how Mozilla identifies itself under 1.6?
> I use several sites that only accept IE, and I'm not about to go back
> to the evil empire now (yes...even though I'm posting from OE).

Check <http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/>, there're some extensions that do
this. I personally use Prefbar, which also does some cute stuff.

--
-+ Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain - ICQ 46788716
+- http://www.demogracia.com (la web de humor para mayores de 100 años)

A Hess

Somewhere around 1/24/04 2:42 PM, buck naked typed wildly with reckless
abandon:

> Isn't there a way to change how Mozilla identifies itself under 1.6? I use
> several sites that only accept IE, and I'm not about to go back to the evil
> empire now (yes...even though I'm posting from OE).
>
> Any ideas?

http://uabar.mozdev.org/source.html
http://chrispederick.myacen.com/work...agentswitcher/

buck naked

"A Hess" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Somewhere around 1/24/04 2:42 PM, buck naked typed wildly with reckless
> abandon:
>
> > Isn't there a way to change how Mozilla identifies itself under 1.6? I

use
> > several sites that only accept IE, and I'm not about to go back to the

evil
> > empire now (yes...even though I'm posting from OE).
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >

> http://uabar.mozdev.org/source.html
> http://chrispederick.myacen.com/work...agentswitcher/

Thanks!