Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Can I use Tcc to compile ruby c extension?

Can I use Tcc to compile ruby c extension?

Shin guey Wong

I want to use a small compiler to compile some simple c code. I tried
with tcc but I get some error that it cannot detect my ruby library:

I try to generate an extension for ruby which compiles using mingw gcc.
When I compile it with tcc here is the error message:

C:\tcc>make
tcc -shared -o mytest.so MyTest.o -L"."
-L"C:/Devel/installer3/sandbox/ruby_mingw/lib" -L. -Wl
-lmsvcrt-ruby18 -lws2_32
tcc: cannot find -lmsvcrt-ruby18
make: *** [mytest.so] Error 1

I check the path : "C:/Devel/installer3/sandbox/ruby_mingw/lib
And I definitely has the libmsvcrt-ruby18.dll.a file inside that folder.
So, may be that is not possible to link a library file generate by gcc
in tcc?
My working platform is winxp.

So, did anyone had been successful to use Tcc to compile extension for
ruby before?