Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > RE: aspnet_wp.exe con not be started

RE: aspnet_wp.exe con not be started

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Sharif,

When you changed the processModel to SYSTEM, did you enter it in all caps?
If SYSTEM doesn't work, I think the first step is going to be to run
aspnet_regiis -i and make sure that ASP.NET is correctly registered in IIS.

Is this Windows 2000? 2003?

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
Microsoft Developer Support

--------------------
>From: =?Utf-8?B?U2hhcmlm?= <(E-Mail Removed)>
>Subject: aspnet_wp.exe con not be started
>Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 06:27:08 -0700
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
>
>hi all,
>I had installed .Net Framework1.1 and I was working fine until we

installed
>some security batches. The security batches are 18-25. I get an Error

Server
>Application Unavailable Even if I request ASPX page that not exists on the
>web server. I check the application log and I found error message
>aspnet_wp.exe can not be started. I went to machine.config and change the
>user name from machine to system but it didn’t help. We gave aspnet user
>system admin access to test it but still not working. Can anyone point me
>what may cause this problem and how it can be fixed? I will be thankful

for
>any help I feel I am not far from giving up on ASP.NET and go back to JSP

>--
>sharif

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

You have to either run that from a VS.NET command line or switch into the
c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322 folder.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
Microsoft Developer Support
(E-Mail Removed)