Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Ridiculously cool Ruby snippets?

Ridiculously cool Ruby snippets?

Stedwick

I came across this site:
http://gilesbowkett.blogspot.com/200...-triangle.html

And it got me thinking. Is there a site somewhere dedicated solely to
ridiculously cool ruby snippets? Also, it would be nice if they
explained it

I'm not talking about useful snippets, or important snippets, I'm
talking about purely "cool" or purely "beautiful" or whatever
snippets.

I came across another site where somebody wrote a boggle solver in
Ruby and five lines of code. I thought that was pretty cool too.

Kyle Schmitt

Dunno about that, but really, that snippet he posted is an easy one to
expand to understand

The ruby quiz site has lots of cool little snippets in the way of
answers to problems, and this list itself has alot of cool snippets.

Maybe make a site on your own?
--Kyle

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Stedwick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I came across this site:
> http://gilesbowkett.blogspot.com/200...-triangle.html
>
> And it got me thinking. Is there a site somewhere dedicated solely to
> ridiculously cool ruby snippets? Also, it would be nice if they
> explained it
>
> I'm not talking about useful snippets, or important snippets, I'm
> talking about purely "cool" or purely "beautiful" or whatever
> snippets.
>
> I came across another site where somebody wrote a boggle solver in
> Ruby and five lines of code. I thought that was pretty cool too.

Drew Olson

Philip Brocoum wrote:
> I came across this site:
> http://gilesbowkett.blogspot.com/200...-triangle.html
>
> And it got me thinking. Is there a site somewhere dedicated solely to
> ridiculously cool ruby snippets? Also, it would be nice if they
> explained it
>
> I'm not talking about useful snippets, or important snippets, I'm
> talking about purely "cool" or purely "beautiful" or whatever
> snippets.
>
> I came across another site where somebody wrote a boggle solver in
> Ruby and five lines of code. I thought that was pretty cool too.

The ones I've found useful:

http://codegolf.com
http://www.slickorslack.com
http://projecteuler.net