Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > file-open web location problem

file-open web location problem

Harry Legz

Sometimes my keyboard will not work in the text
field for open web location. Sometimes it will.

Is this a bug in Mozilla 1.3? My keyboard works
fine everywhere else; it's just an ordinary
108 key board.

Using Mozilla 1.3 in Mandrake 9.1.

- HL

dantu

Harry Legz wrote:

> Sometimes my keyboard will not work in the text
> field for open web location. Sometimes it will.
>
> Is this a bug in Mozilla 1.3? My keyboard works
> fine everywhere else; it's just an ordinary
> 108 key board.
>
> Using Mozilla 1.3 in Mandrake 9.1.
>
> - HL

Harry

Um, first, why are you using 1.3? 1.6 is out

With earlier iterations, you have to be sure the 'focus' is in the url
bar prior to typing, you may have to use the mouse to bring the url bar
into focus and then type. This is not as prevalent in later iterations
of the product