Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > WSDL interface query with soap4r

WSDL interface query with soap4r

Benjohn Barnes

Does the soap4r gem support reflection / query of the wsdl interface?
I'd like to query the methods available in a driver, the arguments they
take, and the structures they return.

If I can get this information out, I think I can automatically (with a
few judicious hints supplied) build an SQL schema that will accommodate
the returned data. I should also be able to generate the necessary
methods for inserting in the tables, and any other junk that I don't
want to hand code.

At the moment I'm making a request and then examining the result to see
what the types of its elements seem to be, which isn't ideal.

Cheers,
Benjohn

Soap4r and wsdl Michael Gebhart Ruby 1 05-11-2005 08:59 PM
SOAP4R+WSDL+HTTP proxies? Lennon Day-Reynolds Ruby 2 08-14-2004 05:10 PM
SOAP4R WSDL response Jim Menard Ruby 1 05-29-2004 10:14 PM
SOAP4R and WSDL Ian Macdonald Ruby 8 01-19-2004 02:15 AM
WSDL parse failure (ruby 1.8.1-preview2, soap4r-1_5_1) Brian Marick Ruby 1 11-07-2003 01:42 AM

Advertisments