Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Any Idea?

Any Idea?

Eder Quiñones

How to make something similar to this kind of stuff(the highlighted
code):

http://redhanded.hobix.com/inspect/r....html#comments

Thomas Wieczorek

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 6:33 PM, Eder Qui=F1ones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> How to make something similar to this kind of stuff(the highlighted
> code):

What do you mean? It grabs a random number from random.org and uses
the builder gem to create a RSS feed for it.
There's a pasties link in the comments to the code.

Eder Quiñones

Thomas Wieczorek wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 6:33 PM, Eder Qui�ones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> How to make something similar to this kind of stuff(the highlighted
>> code):
>>

> What do you mean? It grabs a random number from random.org and uses
> the builder gem to create a RSS feed for it.
> There's a pasties link in the comments to the code.

Oh no, it's the syntax highlighting.

Arlen Cuss

SGksCgpPbiBTdW4sIE1hciAyMywgMjAwOCBhdCA2OjMyIEFNLC BFZGVyIFF1acOxb25lcyA8ZWRl
ci5zcUBnbWFpbC5jb20+IHdyb3RlOgoKPiBPaCBubywgaXQncy B0aGUgc3ludGF4IGhpZ2hsaWdo
dGluZy4KCgpBcmUgeW91IHRhbGtpbmcgYWJvdXQgdGhpcz8KaH R0cDovL3JlZGhhbmRlZC5ob2Jp
eC5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL3JhbmRmZWVkLnBuZwoKSW4gdGhhdCBjYX NlLCB5b3UnbGwgbmVlZCBhIGNv
dXBsZSBvZiBjb2xvdXJlZCBwZW5jaWxzLCBhIGNsZWFuIHBpZW NlIG9mCnBhcGVyLCBhbmQgYSBz
Y2FubmVyIChvciBkaWdpdGFsIGNhbWVyYSBpZiB5b3UncmUgZG VzcGVyYXRlISkuCgoxLiBMZWFy
biB0aGUgcnVsZXMgb2Ygc3ludGF4IGhpZ2hsaWdodGluZyBmb3 IgeW91ciBmYXZvdXJpdGUgZWRp
dG9yLgoocGVyaGFwcyB0eXBlIHRoZSBjb2RlIG91dCBpbiB0aG F0IGZpcnN0KQoyLiBVc2luZyB0
aGUgY29sb3VyZWQgcGVuY2lscywgcmVwcm9kdWNlIHRoZSBjb2 RlIG9uIHBhcGVyIHVzaW5nIHRo
ZQphcHByb3ByaWF0ZSBjb2xvdXIgcGVuY2lsIGZvciBlYWNoIG NvZGUgZW50aXR5LCBhcyBzaG93
biBpbiB5b3VyIGVkaXRvci4KMy4gU2NhbiEKClRoZXJlIHlvdS BoYXZlIGl0ISBCZWF1dGlmdWwg
aGFuZC1kcmF3biBzeW50YXgtaGlnaGxpZ2h0ZWQgY29kZS4KCk NoZWVycywKQXJsZW4uCg==

Michael Steinfeld

eder, there is a gem called syntax

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Arlen Cuss <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 6:32 AM, Eder Qui=F1ones <(E-Mail Removed)> wro=

te:

> > Oh no, it's the syntax highlighting.

> Are you talking about this?
> http://redhanded.hobix.com/images/randfeed.png
>
> In that case, you'll need a couple of coloured pencils, a clean piece of
> paper, and a scanner (or digital camera if you're desperate!).
>
> 1. Learn the rules of syntax highlighting for your favourite editor.
> (perhaps type the code out in that first)
> 2. Using the coloured pencils, reproduce the code on paper using the
> appropriate colour pencil for each code entity, as shown in your editor.
> 3. Scan!
>
> There you have it! Beautiful hand-drawn syntax-highlighted code.
>
> Cheers,
> Arlen.

Eder Quiñones

Arlen Cuss wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 6:32 AM, Eder Quiñones <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Oh no, it's the syntax highlighting.

> Are you talking about this?
> http://redhanded.hobix.com/images/randfeed.png
>
> In that case, you'll need a couple of coloured pencils, a clean piece of
> paper, and a scanner (or digital camera if you're desperate!).
>
> 1. Learn the rules of syntax highlighting for your favourite editor.
> (perhaps type the code out in that first)
> 2. Using the coloured pencils, reproduce the code on paper using the
> appropriate colour pencil for each code entity, as shown in your editor.
> 3. Scan!
>
> There you have it! Beautiful hand-drawn syntax-highlighted code.
>
> Cheers,
> Arlen.

Nah, really? , I believe that I need to create a beautiful [a-zA-Z0-9]
pencil images, then Parse some code and replace each character for the
it's image, uh.

Todd Benson

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 4:45 PM, Arlen Cuss <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 6:32 AM, Eder Qui=F1ones <(E-Mail Removed)> wro=

te:

> > Oh no, it's the syntax highlighting.

> Are you talking about this?
> http://redhanded.hobix.com/images/randfeed.png
>
> In that case, you'll need a couple of coloured pencils, a clean piece of
> paper, and a scanner (or digital camera if you're desperate!).
>
> 1. Learn the rules of syntax highlighting for your favourite editor.
> (perhaps type the code out in that first)
> 2. Using the coloured pencils, reproduce the code on paper using the
> appropriate colour pencil for each code entity, as shown in your editor.
> 3. Scan!
>
> There you have it! Beautiful hand-drawn syntax-highlighted code.

Nah, you use a tablet, write a bunch of stuff down for your
hand-writing style, and have it randomly pick from that your i's and
t's, etc.

Todd

Michael W. Ryder

Arlen Cuss wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 6:32 AM, Eder Quiñones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Oh no, it's the syntax highlighting.

> Are you talking about this?
> http://redhanded.hobix.com/images/randfeed.png
>
> In that case, you'll need a couple of coloured pencils, a clean piece of
> paper, and a scanner (or digital camera if you're desperate!).
>
> 1. Learn the rules of syntax highlighting for your favourite editor.
> (perhaps type the code out in that first)
> 2. Using the coloured pencils, reproduce the code on paper using the
> appropriate colour pencil for each code entity, as shown in your editor.
> 3. Scan!
>
> There you have it! Beautiful hand-drawn syntax-highlighted code.
>
> Cheers,
> Arlen.

Or you could use a word processing program that allows you to color
words and a font like Scratch or Scribble.

Todd Benson

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 8:05 PM, Michael W. Ryder
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Or you could use a word processing program that allows you to color
> words and a font like Scratch or Scribble.

Or use captcha software.

Todd