Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > hexadecimal value 0x01, is an invalid character

hexadecimal value 0x01, is an invalid character

King Kong

we are facing this kind of error when we double click the infragistic web
grid
please help me on this

Regards
Moid Iqbal
Server Error in '/NetworkAccess' Application.
----

'', hexadecimal value 0x01, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 13.

Exception Details: System.Exception: '', hexadecimal value 0x01, is an
invalid character. Line 1, position 13.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[Exception: '', hexadecimal value 0x01, is an invalid character. Line 1,
position 13.]
Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.UltraWebGrid.LoadP ostData(String
postDataKey, NameValueCollection values)
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollec tion postData, Boolean
fBeforeLoad)
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

----

Version:1.1.4322.573

Rocky Moore

Usually, when I get messages like that, it is becuase I have odd ASCII
charaters in the page (which you cannot see) usually from cut & paste and
usually at the end of the line.

--
Rocky Moore
www.HintsAndTips.com / Share your tips - Earn rewards

"King Kong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> we are facing this kind of error when we double click the infragistic web
> grid
> please help me on this
>
> Regards
> Moid Iqbal
> Server Error in '/NetworkAccess' Application.

> ----
>
> '', hexadecimal value 0x01, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 13.
>
> Exception Details: System.Exception: '', hexadecimal value 0x01, is an
> invalid character. Line 1, position 13.
>
> Source Error:

> current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the
>

> Stack Trace:
>

> [Exception: '', hexadecimal value 0x01, is an invalid character. Line 1,
> position 13.]
> Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.UltraWebGrid.LoadP ostData(String
> postDataKey, NameValueCollection values)
> System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollec tion postData,

Boolean
> fBeforeLoad)
> System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

> ----
>
> Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573;

ASP.NET
> Version:1.1.4322.573

JontyS JontyS is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

I struggled with this problem for a couple of hours searching google for an answer, I finally fluked it with a string replace: str.Replace("", "&Gamma;"). The character cant be seen above but it has the HTML value of: "&Gamma;".

If you get a hex value 0x00, is an invalid character, then try: str.Replace("\x00", "").

Jonty

chandusripathi chandusripathi is offline
Junior Member

Hi Jonty

Can you please explain briefly how to resolve this issue.
I am struck up at this in the production.

Please help me out from this.

Thanks
Ramesh