Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Newbie: Network/Intranet problem

Newbie: Network/Intranet problem

Cemal Karademir

Hi all,

I'm new in asp.net and have an urgent problem of deploying the built
program.

I want the program/site to be used in an private network/intranet, but don't
know where to start. Does anybodey have a checklist or other information
where to begin.

I built the program/site under WabMatrix and uses an ms-access database. It
works at my computer, but not on any other in the network.

Scott Allen

Hi Cemal:

Are other computers on the network trying to reach the application on
your machine? Can you tell us what error messages you see?

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 11:59:39 +0200, "Cemal Karademir"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm new in asp.net and have an urgent problem of deploying the built
>program.
>
>I want the program/site to be used in an private network/intranet, but don't
>know where to start. Does anybodey have a checklist or other information
>where to begin.
>
>I built the program/site under WabMatrix and uses an ms-access database. It
>works at my computer, but not on any other in the network.

Cemal Karademir

Something like
HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden

"Scott Allen" <bitmask@[nospam].fred.net> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Cemal:
>
> Are other computers on the network trying to reach the application on
> your machine? Can you tell us what error messages you see?
>
> --
> Scott
> http://www.OdeToCode.com
>
> On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 11:59:39 +0200, "Cemal Karademir"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I'm new in asp.net and have an urgent problem of deploying the built
> >program.
> >
> >I want the program/site to be used in an private network/intranet, but

don't
> >know where to start. Does anybodey have a checklist or other information
> >where to begin.
> >
> >I built the program/site under WabMatrix and uses an ms-access database.

It
> >works at my computer, but not on any other in the network.

Scott Allen

Hi Cemal:

You might need to change your web.config file to allow anonymous
access to the web application, though this should be the default. Have
you made any changes?

You might try using <authentication mode="None" /> in web.config.

--s

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com