Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Problem when passing a VALUE as parameter

Problem when passing a VALUE as parameter

Magali Mirande

Hi,

I'm new to Ruby and I'm currently working on embedding Ruby-VTK within
C++.
Ruby-Vtk is a patch to add on VTK (Visualization ToolKit) to use from
Ruby.
I want to get a pointer from an VALUE object with the method
vtkRubyGetPointerFromObject(VALUE) which is declared in the
vtkRubyUtil.h file.
My problem is that when I pass a VALUE to this method, the compiler
tells me that there's an undefined reference to
vtkRubyGetPointerFromObject(unsigned long).
I know that in the ruby.h header file VALUE is declared as an unsigned
long, but I don't know why it converts the VALUE object during the
compilation.

Do you have any idea why I've got this problem ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Mag