Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > index action w/ post method

index action w/ post method

Grayson Piercee

I have a controller whose index method has lots of pull-downs for user
selection of query options. When the user makes a selection, I'd like
to post that back (preferably using remote as an AJAX call) but it needs
to go back to index and not some other action. This is due to the way
will_pagination is set up in my app.

So I'm wondering if it's possible to set up a route that allows a post
to index (and not just a get). Currently when you do a post, it just
assumes that you want to do a create action. My config is really basic
right now

map.resources :item

Thanks,

GP

Tim Hunter

Grayson Piercee wrote:
> I have a controller whose index method has lots of pull-downs for user

I bet you meant to post this on the Ruby On Rails mailing list:
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk