Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > reading client value from code behind withoout refreshing...

reading client value from code behind withoout refreshing...

=?Utf-8?B?QXNoYQ==?=

greetings, can someone show me how to read a client side value from code
behind withouth having to resfresh the page? here is the code i've
implemented....

btnSubmission.Attributes.Add("onclick", "return confirm('" &
cboVal.SelectedItem.Value & "');")

cboval.selecteditem.value will read the value when it was 1st loaded. i want
it to dynamiclly read it? without refreshing it of cause. thanks in advance
for your help.

=?Utf-8?B?QnJhZCBRdWlubg==?=

You can't "pull" a value from the client. The client "pushes" the value to
the server. That is, you can't get a value from the client without a
postback.

You seem to be trying to add some javascript to a button's onclick handler,
but this will only run on the client. It won't return a value to the server.