Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > absolute expiration doesn't expire cache

absolute expiration doesn't expire cache

Dicky Cheng

Hi,

I am using absolute expiration to expire my cache object in Cache API. And I
set it to expire after 60min. Then I test it, it cache, and everything fine.
Then I stop working and lock computer (pc still running), then leave office.
Second day I come to the office and unlock computer, the cache still doesn't
expire! (It already exceed 60min). And I use the cache, and it still
working. And after awhile, the cache start flushing. So I am not sure the
absolute expiration will stop working after i lock the computer. Is it using
absolute time (let's say, i add the cache with absolute expiration set to 10
min at 10:00am, and asp.net will set it expires at 10:10am? or asp.net will
start counting 10min to expire it (and it stop counting when computer is
locked, i guess)?

Thanks,
Dicky Cheng

=?Utf-8?B?VG9kZCBTZWliZXI=?=

Could you post a sample of your code?

"Dicky Cheng" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using absolute expiration to expire my cache object in Cache API. And I
> set it to expire after 60min. Then I test it, it cache, and everything fine.
> Then I stop working and lock computer (pc still running), then leave office.
> Second day I come to the office and unlock computer, the cache still doesn't
> expire! (It already exceed 60min). And I use the cache, and it still
> working. And after awhile, the cache start flushing. So I am not sure the
> absolute expiration will stop working after i lock the computer. Is it using
> absolute time (let's say, i add the cache with absolute expiration set to 10
> min at 10:00am, and asp.net will set it expires at 10:10am? or asp.net will
> start counting 10min to expire it (and it stop counting when computer is
> locked, i guess)?
>
> Thanks,
> Dicky Cheng

Dicky Cheng

thx for reply, and it's due to my mistake only.
I forget I load the cache item to the asp.net cache in application_start
method.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...