Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Help for Unicode char and Unicode char based string in Ruby

Help for Unicode char and Unicode char based string in Ruby

Chirag Mistry

Hi

I want to use Unicode character and Unicode character based string in
Ruby. Please provide some help to me.

Regards
Chirag

Robert Edwards

Chirag Mistry wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to use Unicode character and Unicode character based string in
> Ruby. Please provide some help to me.
>
> Regards
> Chirag

I'm puzzled with the same question. It seemed that the later version
support
the Unicode character.

Chirag Mistry

Robert Edwards wrote:
> Chirag Mistry wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I want to use Unicode character and Unicode character based string in
>> Ruby. Please provide some help to me.
>>
>> Regards
>> Chirag

> I'm puzzled with the same question. It seemed that the later version
> support
> the Unicode character.

Is there any library or Ruby extension which can provide Unicode
character and Unicode character based string in Ruby?

Regards
Chirag

Ollivier Robert

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Chirag Mistry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Is there any library or Ruby extension which can provide Unicode
>character and Unicode character based string in Ruby?

Either you go the Ruby 1.9 way or you look at iconv & icu4r (more or less dead
AFAIK but it works).

--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- EEC/RIF/SEU -=-
Systems Engineering Unit

Chirag Mistry

Ollivier Robert wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Chirag Mistry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Is there any library or Ruby extension which can provide Unicode
>>character and Unicode character based string in Ruby?

> Either you go the Ruby 1.9 way or you look at iconv & icu4r (more or
> less dead
> AFAIK but it works).

Hi

You mean to say string in Ruby 1.9 supports Unicode character?

Regards
Chirag

Chirag Mistry

Chirag Mistry wrote:
> Ollivier Robert wrote:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> Chirag Mistry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>Is there any library or Ruby extension which can provide Unicode
>>>character and Unicode character based string in Ruby?

>> Either you go the Ruby 1.9 way or you look at iconv & icu4r (more or
>> less dead
>> AFAIK but it works).

Can anyone give me more details for the same?
How should we use Unicode char and Unicode char based String with Ruby
1.9?

Regards
Chirag

Ollivier Robert

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Chirag Mistry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Can anyone give me more details for the same?
>How should we use Unicode char and Unicode char based String with Ruby
>1.9?

Have you looked at the following?

http://eigenclass.org/hiki.rb?Changes+in+Ruby+1.9#l113

--