Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Installing 1.x rails trough gem?

Installing 1.x rails trough gem?

Cristian Gradisteanu

Hello,
I am new to this framework (even to ruby) and followed some books got
things working but when I tried to install the rails through gem (on
Windows) it installs the latest version (for wich I can't find much
documentation) 2.0.2.
Now, I want to install a previous version (1.x) of rails framework...is
that possible also through gem or do I need to install the binaries by
myself?
Thanks

Cristian Gradisteanu

Mario Guenterberg wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 10:44:57PM +0900, Cristian Gradisteanu wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I am new to this framework (even to ruby) and followed some books got
>> things working but when I tried to install the rails through gem (on
>> Windows) it installs the latest version (for wich I can't find much
>> documentation) 2.0.2.
>> Now, I want to install a previous version (1.x) of rails framework...is
>> that possible also through gem or do I need to install the binaries by
>> myself?
>> Thanks

> Hello,
>
> try gem install rails -v 1.2.6
>
> Greetings
> Mario

> | havelsoft.com |
> | Tel: 033876-21 966 |
> | http://www.havelsoft.com |
> | |
> | Inhaber: Mario Günterberg |
> | Garlitzer Dorfstr. 18 |
> | 14715 Märkisch Luch |

That worked, thanks.
Actually after installing 1.2.6 and running rails --version still
version 2.0.2 came up, but I had to uninstall (gem uninstall rails) the
2.0.2 version and now everything looks fine.
Thanks

seek trough files in vhdl Maki VHDL 0 01-24-2005 08:23 PM
Using FPGA trough internet ivailokroumov VHDL 2 08-17-2004 02:14 PM
Spilt DNS trough IP VPN LAN-2-LAN tunnel TT Cisco 0 07-29-2004 06:34 AM
Cisco VPN Client 4.0 versus PIX 501 trough MS ISA Edward Voermans Cisco 2 04-29-2004 06:46 AM
IPsec trough PIX Patrik Bolt Cisco 0 11-21-2003 12:20 PM

Advertisments