Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > 1.5 problems with Cookies?

1.5 problems with Cookies?

=FLASH=

Since upgrading to 1.5 from 1.4
I sometimes get this message

"Redirection limi for this URL exceeded. Unable to Load the requested
page. This maybe caused by Cookies that are blocked"

What can I do to correct this ?

dantu

=FLASH= wrote:

> Since upgrading to 1.5 from 1.4
> I sometimes get this message
>
> "Redirection limi for this URL exceeded. Unable to Load the requested
> page. This maybe caused by Cookies that are blocked"
>
> What can I do to correct this ?

Flash

Entirely depends on where you are getting this message. It may
be an error or bug, but it could also be the fact that the page itself
is generating the error. Can you share the url where you see this message?

=FLASH=

dantu wrote:

> =FLASH= wrote:
>
>> Since upgrading to 1.5 from 1.4
>> I sometimes get this message
>>
>> "Redirection limi for this URL exceeded. Unable to Load the requested
>> page. This maybe caused by Cookies that are blocked"
>>
>> What can I do to correct this ?
>>

> Flash
>
> Entirely depends on where you are getting this message. It may
> be an error or bug, but it could also be the fact that the page itself
> is generating the error. Can you share the url where you see this message?

I will mark down the URL next time
But it doesn't happen on Explorer
If I get that message on 1.5, I go to explorer and have no problems

sport0boy@netscape.net

I had this problem for a while until I figured out I had cookies blocked
on certain pages. specifically the NY Times Movie review. I unblocked
the cookies from the main page but other pages wouldn't load from the
same section. I had to unblock all cookies from all the corresponding pages.
=FLASH= wrote:
> Since upgrading to 1.5 from 1.4
> I sometimes get this message
>
> "Redirection limi for this URL exceeded. Unable to Load the requested
> page. This maybe caused by Cookies that are blocked"
>
> What can I do to correct this ?

=FLASH=

Thanks