Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Where are the mailboxes?

Where are the mailboxes?

Stuart

I want to transfer my mailboxes and address book from Mozilla 1.0 on one
computer to Mozilla 1.5 on another.

It should be a case of just dragging and dropping them into the right
folder..... but I can't find them on my anywhere on my hardrive - I've
tried searching under 'inbox' and 'address'. Also the 'Import' options
don't cover importing from other Mozillas

Where should I put my old mailbox?

Tono

Stuart wrote:

> I want to transfer my mailboxes and address book from Mozilla 1.0 on one
> computer to Mozilla 1.5 on another.
>
> It should be a case of just dragging and dropping them into the right
> folder..... but I can't find them on my anywhere on my hardrive - I've
> tried searching under 'inbox' and 'address'. Also the 'Import' options
> don't cover importing from other Mozillas
>
> Where should I put my old mailbox?

I havn't been around mozilla very long but you may want to install 1.5
over the old version and it should have all your old bookmarks and
address'. I don't know for sure, it does it on newer versions.

If you want a clean install, use http://backup.jasnapaka.com/ to backup
your stuff, delete mozilla and reinstall it.

If you didn't install 1.5 yet, just do the backup then install the 1.5
either on top of 1.0 or delete it first for a clean install.

Tono

Stuart

Tono wrote:
> I havn't been around mozilla very long but you may want to install 1.5
> over the old version and it should have all your old bookmarks and
> address'. I don't know for sure, it does it on newer versions.

But the old install is on a totally seperate machine. I have installed
1.5 on a brand new machine and want to import my mailboxs (and address
book) onto the new machine.

The mailboxes are currently residing on a USB pendrive

Tono

Stuart wrote:
> Tono wrote:
>
>> I havn't been around mozilla very long but you may want to install 1.5
>> over the old version and it should have all your old bookmarks and
>> address'. I don't know for sure, it does it on newer versions.

> But the old install is on a totally seperate machine. I have installed
> 1.5 on a brand new machine and want to import my mailboxs (and address
> book) onto the new machine.
>
> The mailboxes are currently residing on a USB pendrive

Well just recently Jordan wrote:

The bookmarks and address book are in the following folder:

C:\windows\application
data\mozilla\profiles\default\zn5c3sbr.slt\bookmar ks.html

C:\windows\application data\mozilla\profiles\default\zn5c3sbr.slt\abook.m ab

Good luck!

Stuart

Tono wrote:

> Well just recently Jordan wrote:
>
> The bookmarks and address book are in the following folder:
>
> C:\windows\application
> data\mozilla\profiles\default\zn5c3sbr.slt\bookmar ks.html
>
> C:\windows\application data\mozilla\profiles\default\zn5c3sbr.slt\abook.m ab
>
> Good luck!

Well, that's where they are on Windows 98, XP doesn't have an
Application Data folder.

I've foun the address book in the Program files/Mozilla folder, but
there doesn't appear to be any mailboxes there at all

All I need to know is how to import them into Moz - and I've tried
'Import Mailboxes' and that doesn't work either

Stuart

Stuart wrote:

> Well, that's where they are on Windows 98, XP doesn't have an
> Application Data folder.
>
> I've foun the address book in the Program files/Mozilla folder, but
> there doesn't appear to be any mailboxes there at all
>
> All I need to know is how to import them into Moz - and I've tried
> 'Import Mailboxes' and that doesn't work either

Found them, they're in documents and settings/<username>/application
Data/Mozilla etc

It didn't help that despite me selecting 'Do Not hide files/folders'....
it hid all the ones I wanted

Ed Mullen

Stuart wrote:

> Stuart wrote:
>

>>Well, that's where they are on Windows 98, XP doesn't have an
>>Application Data folder.
>>
>>I've foun the address book in the Program files/Mozilla folder, but
>>there doesn't appear to be any mailboxes there at all
>>
>>All I need to know is how to import them into Moz - and I've tried
>>'Import Mailboxes' and that doesn't work either

> Found them, they're in documents and settings/<username>/application
> Data/Mozilla etc
>
> It didn't help that despite me selecting 'Do Not hide files/folders'....
> it hid all the ones I wanted

For future reference, here are some links you might want to bookmark.

http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html
http://www.ufaq.org/modules.php?name...ticle&artid=99
http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz_info_ed.html

--