Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > 2 ruby apps sharing info

2 ruby apps sharing info

Scout2 Eddie

Anyone have any ideas on having two ruby apps share information from two
seperate computers?

Basically I have a program that runs on a "server" that I want to send
it commands to run on that computer from another.

Any suggests?

Austin Ziegler

On 12/14/07, Scout2 Eddie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Anyone have any ideas on having two ruby apps share information from two
> seperate computers?
>
> Basically I have a program that runs on a "server" that I want to send
> it commands to run on that computer from another.
>
> Any suggests?

Yes. Read the Pickaxe. It'll tell you all kinds of neat things about
tools that are Batteries Included in Ruby. There's a really neat one
called DRb.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) * http://www.halostatue.ca/
* (E-Mail Removed) * http://www.halostatue.ca/feed/

John Joyce

On Dec 14, 2007, at 10:05 PM, Scout2 Eddie wrote:

> Anyone have any ideas on having two ruby apps share information
> from two
> seperate computers?
>
> Basically I have a program that runs on a "server" that I want to send
> it commands to run on that computer from another.
>
> Any suggests?

DRb