Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Browser Compatibility Chart

Reply
Thread Tools

Browser Compatibility Chart

 
 
gemblon (t.b.)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-14-2007
Hi ya.

Does anybody have a nice browser compatibility chart?
What works in a what browser? That you use in your
ruby project?

Or a link to a site that has one?

Could have a list of html or css things, and how they handle
things differently?
--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Joyce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-14-2007

On Dec 14, 2007, at 12:06 PM, gemblon (t.b.) wrote:

> Hi ya.
>
> Does anybody have a nice browser compatibility chart?
> What works in a what browser? That you use in your
> ruby project?
>
> Or a link to a site that has one?
>
> Could have a list of html or css things, and how they handle
> things differently?
> --
> Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
>

For perhaps the latest, google "westciv" "css3"
The westciv guys in Australia stay pretty up to date on that stuff.
They've even compiled a bit of knowledge on the iPhone's
implementation. (though much of that is now public from Apple)
Safari / webkit (including KHTML in KDE ) is going to be the most CSS
compliant.
Firefox implements everything itself, rather than using OS specific
GUI widgets, so it will be consistent across platforms.
Opera would be number 3 in terms of standards compliance and
rendering, but tends to be less stellar than the above in terms of
stability/robustness.
IE 7 is as good as MS has ever gotten at this sort of thing, but
still falls way short of all of the above.

Also from Australia, the publisher SitePoint tends to have the best
reference books on this stuff. (most concise in my opinion)

But if you want the short version, pick up the latest version of
Bullet Proof Web design. Anybody doing web design should have that
book in their possession!!!

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
gemblon (t.b.)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-15-2007
John Joyce wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2007, at 12:06 PM, gemblon (t.b.) wrote:
>
>
> But if you want the short version, pick up the latest version of
> Bullet Proof Web design. Anybody doing web design should have that
> book in their possession!!!


thanks a bunch....
--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A real challenge: Create a Gantt-chart-like chart gnewsgroup ASP .Net 4 02-06-2008 02:27 PM
Browser Comparison Chart for JS version nic.j.roche@gmail.com Javascript 0 09-21-2006 02:07 PM
ASP can generate a chart (pie chart) ? Tarek ASP General 6 11-19-2004 06:33 PM
Browser Compatibility Issues =?Utf-8?B?RzI=?= ASP .Net 2 05-17-2004 04:39 AM
Re: Non IE browser compatibility. Peter Blum ASP .Net 2 02-16-2004 01:04 PM



Advertisments