Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Test::Unit messages

Test::Unit messages

aidy

Hi,

I would like to add additional comments to the ouput of my unit
tests.

For example I would link to send a description of what the test is
doing to the Test::Unit output which would then be included in the
ci_reporter xml wrapper.

I need this as I use assertions for my Watir GUI tests

Cheers

Aidy

Tim Pease

On Dec 13, 2007 9:05 AM, aidy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to add additional comments to the ouput of my unit
> tests.

I know most of the assertions support adding a comment after the
actual/expected values. That comment will get printed if the test
fails.

assert(false, "this assertion will fail")

> For example I would link to send a description of what the test is
> doing to the Test::Unit output which would then be included in the
> ci_reporter xml wrapper.

I've never used the ci_reporter xml wrapper. You might have to hack
through that class on your own to get the text output you need
(provided it does not already do that).

Blessings,
TwP