Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Paid tuition?

Paid tuition?

Derek Johnson

Hi,
Iam relatively new to programming, and just began to learn Ruby and was
wondering if there are any programmers here who would be up for tutoring
me for a couple of hours over the internet? Ive read some of the basic
tutorials but I need help with a particular project I'm doing. Ive
completed some of the code already but need help with some of the
classes. If anyone is interested Please let me know,
Thanks,
Derek

Richard Conroy

On Dec 13, 2007 12:02 PM, Derek Johnson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> Iam relatively new to programming, and just began to learn Ruby and was
> wondering if there are any programmers here who would be up for tutoring
> me for a couple of hours over the internet? Ive read some of the basic
> tutorials but I need help with a particular project I'm doing. Ive
> completed some of the code already but need help with some of the
> classes. If anyone is interested Please let me know,
> Thanks,
> Derek

Derek, your best bet is to find a local Ruby users group, or even any
technically
focused user group (you might get lucky at computer clubs or Linux Users Groups
for instance).

Paid tuition ... hmmm, just doesn't seem right to me unless its face to face.
You would probably get better assistance from people offering it for
free, or just
posting your problems to the list.

Giles Bowkett

> Paid tuition ... hmmm, just doesn't seem right to me unless its face to face.
> You would probably get better assistance from people offering it for
> free, or just
> posting your problems to the list.

I agree with that, unless the money's good.

--
Giles Bowkett

Blog: http://gilesbowkett.blogspot.com
Portfolio: http://www.gilesgoatboy.org
Tumblelog: http://giles.tumblr.com

Simple web service required (paid work) hardrat@hotmail.com ASP .Net 0 09-26-2005 03:50 AM
Put your pc to work-paid autosurf weshop4you@yahoo.com Cisco 0 01-01-2005 05:02 PM
Paid software approach Lynn Segal Java 0 11-21-2004 06:39 PM
Why are Microsoft-trained people the lowest-paid or unemployed? Microsoft Certification 3 05-14-2004 07:03 AM

Advertisments