Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > man page from rdoc source

man page from rdoc source

Andrea Fazzi

Hi all,

is there a way to create an unix man page from an rdoc formatted source?

Thanks in advance.
Andrea

Andrea Fazzi

Ok, it seems that there is not a way to produce an unix man page from an
rdoc source file. However, a ruby documentation tool that produce a man
page output exists: it's RDtool [1][2]. Using RDtool I can get a man
formatted output from a wiki-like markup source.

Reference

[1] - http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/rdtool/
[2] - http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/Program...ml/rdtool.html

Bye.