Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Starting ruby on rails with multiple applications

Starting ruby on rails with multiple applications

laredotornado@zipmail.com

Hi,

I'm using Fedora Core 5 Linux with the latest version of Ruby on
Rails. I'm just learning it, but let's say I've created two rails
applications in the directories

application1/
application2/

I can "cd" to application1 and run "ruby script/server" to start that
application. But then must I do this for "application2" as well? Is
there a generic way of starting all ruby-on-rails applications at
once?

Thanks, - Dave

Mikel Lindsaar

> Is there a generic way of starting all ruby-on-rails applications
> at once?

Dear Dave,

You have posted to the ruby-talk mailing list. This is for Ruby specific
issues. Your question is related directly to the implementation of Ruby on
Rails.

I would suggest you go to www.railsforum.com and ask your question there in
the "Setup" forums or look at the tutorials there.

Mikel