Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Page_Load Event doesn't fire when address entered into address bar.

Page_Load Event doesn't fire when address entered into address bar.

Alex Stevens

Hi,

I have a page in which I've added code to the Page_Load event.
I send the url to a user in an email, and they click on it to activate an
account.

I put a breakpoint on the first execuable line of code in the page load
event.

The breakpoint works fine when linked to from another page on the site, and
works fine when the page is set as the startup page for the project.
However, if the url is entered into the address bar of the browser window
that was opened by the debug process, it doesn't fire the page load event.

How is this so, and how can I get around it?

I'm using VB in my codebehind.

Thanks

Alex