Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [ANN] heel 0.5.0 Released

[ANN] heel 0.5.0 Released

Jeremy Hinegardner

heel version 0.5.0 has been released.

http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/heel/

Heel is a mongrel based web server to quickly and easily serve up the contents
of a directory as webpages. And to make things even easier it launches your
browser for you so no cut and paste necessary.

Beyond just serving up webpages, heel uses an ERB template and famfamfam icons
to create useful index pages. It also performas syntax highlighting on source
code files using coderay.

{{ Changelog for Version 0.5.0 }}

== Version 0.5.0 - 2007-11-19

* Add in code highlighting support via coderay
* extract CSS files to a resource
* increase test coverage
* add in additional error condition reporting

http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/heel/

enjoy,

-jeremy

Jeremy Hinegardner http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Clifford Heath

Jeremy Hinegardner wrote:
> And to make things even easier it launches your
> browser for you

Is this behavior available separately? I had been thinking
of making a GEM for it to use with local-only Camping apps.
It should open a new tab on an existing browser if possible.

I have C code fragments for Unix (Netscape X-properties API),
Windows (several forms) and Msc OS/X, but haven't integrated
them under one API.

Clifford Heath.

Trans

On Nov 20, 7:05 pm, Clifford Heath <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Jeremy Hinegardner wrote:
> > And to make things even easier it launches your
> > browser for you

> Is this behavior available separately? I had been thinking
> of making a GEM for it to use with local-only Camping apps.
> It should open a new tab on an existing browser if possible.
>
> I have C code fragments for Unix (Netscape X-properties API),
> Windows (several forms) and Msc OS/X, but haven't integrated
> them under one API.

Launchy.

Speaking of which, Jeremy, what's the status of that?

T.

Jeremy Hinegardner

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 11:36:43AM +0900, Trans wrote:

> On Nov 20, 7:05 pm, Clifford Heath <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Jeremy Hinegardner wrote:
> > > And to make things even easier it launches your
> > > browser for you

> > Is this behavior available separately? I had been thinking
> > of making a GEM for it to use with local-only Camping apps.
> > It should open a new tab on an existing browser if possible.
> >
> > I have C code fragments for Unix (Netscape X-properties API),
> > Windows (several forms) and Msc OS/X, but haven't integrated
> > them under one API.

> Launchy.
>
> Speaking of which, Jeremy, what's the status of that?

Searching for the time to rewrite the guts so that it can support more
than just browsers for now. I may get to some of it this weekend.

enjoy,

-jeremy

Jeremy Hinegardner (E-Mail Removed)

Jeremy Hinegardner

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 09:05:00AM +0900, Clifford Heath wrote:
> Jeremy Hinegardner wrote:
>> And to make things even easier it launches your
>> browser for you

> Is this behavior available separately? I had been thinking
> of making a GEM for it to use with local-only Camping apps.
> It should open a new tab on an existing browser if possible.
> I have C code fragments for Unix (Netscape X-properties API),
> Windows (several forms) and Msc OS/X, but haven't integrated
> them under one API.

gem install launchy

Currently it only supports launching browsers. That will be changing in
the near future.