Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Rinda and Tuple Spaces

Rinda and Tuple Spaces

Mike Ho

Hi,

If I have a tuple space set up and running using Rinda does a client of
the space have to be written in Ruby or (like web-services) can a client
be in a language other than Ruby?

Thanks

Mike

Eric Hodel

On Nov 16, 2007, at 02:01 , Mike Ho wrote:
> If I have a tuple space set up and running using Rinda does a
> client of
> the space have to be written in Ruby or (like web-services) can a
> client
> be in a language other than Ruby?

The client must be capable of using DRb. AFAIK, only ruby
implementations implement DRb.

(You can use YAML with DRb, instead the Marshal format.)

Mike Ho

Eric Hodel wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2007, at 02:01 , Mike Ho wrote:
>> If I have a tuple space set up and running using Rinda does a
>> client of
>> the space have to be written in Ruby or (like web-services) can a
>> client
>> be in a language other than Ruby?

> The client must be capable of using DRb. AFAIK, only ruby
> implementations implement DRb.
>
> (You can use YAML with DRb, instead the Marshal format.)

I see, thanks.