Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Page LifeCycle kinda complex

Page LifeCycle kinda complex

Weston Weems

I've got a tab like interface I've implemented, each tabpage
representing data on a particular object.

Basically what I'd like to do is load up data on the selected item,
then when I click on a diff item in the listbox, save current data on
the tab page, and load data from the new record.

Seems to me like I am having a problem with the events...

I have the following methods being fired in the following events

In Form_Load (if is postback, save())

In Pre_Render(Databind)

but basing saves on the selected index... I am having a problem
capturing the correct index (my guess is because the listbox data
changes, however the event is only fired after pageload.

Any recommendations on best practices would be greatly appreciated.

please cc a copy to my email address, I have somewhat limited internet
access

WEs