Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > creating a framework to wrap a gem

creating a framework to wrap a gem

sal.scotto@gmail.com

Anyone know of a good way to wrap a rubygem into a framework for
xcode? I wana take my custom gem, make it into a framework for use in
a rubycocoa app

Laurent Sansonetti

On Nov 14, 2007 1:50 AM, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Anyone know of a good way to wrap a rubygem into a framework for
> xcode? I wana take my custom gem, make it into a framework for use in
> a rubycocoa app

You could add a new build phase in your framework project that copies
your gem inside the framework bundle, for example in the Resources
directory. Then, in your RubyCocoa app, during initialization, modify
the GEM_HOME environment variable to point inside the framework
bundle, then simply require the gem.

Laurent