Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > What folder are user created Classes traditionally stored in?

What folder are user created Classes traditionally stored in?

Jayson Williams

What is the traditional location for user made classes?

Thanks
Jay

Eric I.

On Nov 12, 1:57 pm, Jayson Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> What is the traditional location for user made classes?

Hi Jayson,

It really depends on what you want. Have you created some classes
that you want to be available system wide? In that case you may want
to package your classes in a RubyGem. See:

http://docs.rubygems.org/

On the other hand, if you're trying to create a "stand-alone"
application, then you may want to look into something like
RubyScript2Exe:

http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/

Hope that's helpful,

Eric

====

Are you interested in on-site Ruby training that uses well-designed,
real-world, hands-on exercises? http://LearnRuby.com

John Joyce

On Nov 12, 2007, at 12:57 PM, Jayson Williams wrote:

> What is the traditional location for user made classes?
>
> Thanks
> Jay

Wherever they make the most sense to the creator.