Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Text Manipulation Help

Text Manipulation Help

rawn027@gmail.com

I am currently trying to write a script that will take the hostnames
from a webserver directory listing and create nagios configs from that
data.

Everything is in place on the nagios end that all it needs to do it
run this script and im done.
I was thinking of using the hpricot gem in order to parse the web
server directory listing. The listing is of the config files for each
device which is named its hostname.

I also have all the names in a text file if that is easier, it is just
less dynamic.
I will post my progress as well. Eventually I might turn this into a
RESTful app that can be run via the web but thats Version 2.0

Thanks.
-Ron

need help with logic for simple text-manipulation function Rex Java 2 11-21-2006 03:36 AM
text manipulation Johhny Python 5 12-16-2005 01:36 PM
text manipulation jack-e ASP .Net 3 08-09-2005 03:29 PM
Text Manipulation Mohamed Ahmed Meligy ASP .Net 1 06-17-2004 02:19 PM
RE: Perl vs. Python for text manipulation Tim Peters Python 0 01-24-2004 09:38 PM

Advertisments