Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Ruby Certification Test

Reply
Thread Tools

Ruby Certification Test

 
 
John Joyce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2007
In the Japanese page of Ruby Association, at http://www.ruby-assn.org/
releases/2007091901.html.ja
There is an announcement about the Ruby Programming Language
Certification Test.
It is available this starting this October 27th in Japanese in Matsue
city in Shimane prefecture, Japan.
The English version of the test will be available online in February
of 2008.

The English page of Ruby Association has not yet been updated to
reflect this information, but I believe many would be happy to hear
about it!

For more information,
contact Mr. Shugo Maeda at:
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

I for one, hope we can establish a testing location in Austin!

Note:
Although the demand for certifications varies with different
technologies and different organizations and even cultures,
in Japan there is generally a certification process for just about
everything you can imagine. Holding even the most obscure but
relevant certification is well-regarded in Japan as reflecting your
dedication to the subject matter.





 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ari Brown
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2007

On Oct 22, 2007, at 8:39 PM, John Joyce wrote:

> In the Japanese page of Ruby Association, at http://www.ruby-
> assn.org/releases/2007091901.html.ja
> There is an announcement about the Ruby Programming Language
> Certification Test.
> It is available this starting this October 27th in Japanese in
> Matsue city in Shimane prefecture, Japan.
> The English version of the test will be available online in
> February of 2008.
>
> The English page of Ruby Association has not yet been updated to
> reflect this information, but I believe many would be happy to hear
> about it!


PLEASE tell me it's possible to achieve online! I've counted **two**
rubyists in my state who aren't 3 hours away.

Ruby Rox My Sox AND Yours
---------------------------------------------------------------|
~Ari
"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it" --1337est
man alive




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Joyce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2007

On Oct 22, 2007, at 8:42 PM, Ari Brown wrote:

>
> On Oct 22, 2007, at 8:39 PM, John Joyce wrote:
>
>> In the Japanese page of Ruby Association, at http://www.ruby-
>> assn.org/releases/2007091901.html.ja
>> There is an announcement about the Ruby Programming Language
>> Certification Test.
>> It is available this starting this October 27th in Japanese in
>> Matsue city in Shimane prefecture, Japan.
>> The English version of the test will be available online in
>> February of 2008.
>>
>> The English page of Ruby Association has not yet been updated to
>> reflect this information, but I believe many would be happy to
>> hear about it!

>
> PLEASE tell me it's possible to achieve online! I've counted
> **two** rubyists in my state who aren't 3 hours away.

Not yet, but apparently it will be in the near future. There were not
many details available, only an announcement really.
FAIK it could be Duke Nukem' Forever...


 
Reply With Quote
 
khaines@enigo.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2007
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007, Ari Brown wrote:

> PLEASE tell me it's possible to achieve online! I've counted **two** rubyists
> in my state who aren't 3 hours away.


You aren't in Wyoming, are you?


Kirk Haines
in Veteran, Wyoming

 
Reply With Quote
 
John Joyce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2007

On Oct 23, 2007, at 9:40 AM, Arlen Christian Mart Cuss wrote:

>
> On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 10:42 +0900, Ari Brown wrote:
>> PLEASE tell me it's possible to achieve online! I've counted **two**
>> rubyists in my state who aren't 3 hours away.

>
> Try Australia .... hm.. but certification sounds awesome.
>
> Arlen
>
>

The US isn't the only place with "states"!
Mexico has states too.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Rick DeNatale
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2007
On 10/23/07, John Joyce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> On Oct 23, 2007, at 9:40 AM, Arlen Christian Mart Cuss wrote:
>
> >
> > On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 10:42 +0900, Ari Brown wrote:
> >> PLEASE tell me it's possible to achieve online! I've counted **two**
> >> rubyists in my state who aren't 3 hours away.

> >
> > Try Australia .... hm.. but certification sounds awesome.
> >
> > Arlen
> >
> >

> The US isn't the only place with "states"!


Let alone the only "United States"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...disambiguation)


--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/

 
Reply With Quote
 
Robert Dober
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2007
> >
> >

> The US isn't the only place with "states"!
> Mexico has states too.

I have even seen machines with states
R.
--
what do I think about Ruby?
http://ruby-smalltalk.blogspot.com/

 
Reply With Quote
 
Jason Bornhoft
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2007
> The English page of Ruby Association has not yet been updated to
> reflect this information, but I believe many would be happy to hear
> about it!



For me this is great news! I live in Colombia and this country is
obsessed with certifications and certifcates.

I certainly hope the test is available online because we are certainly
lacking on testing centres in this neck of the jungle (just kidding...
no jungle)

--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Pat Maddox
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2007
On 10/22/07, John Joyce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In the Japanese page of Ruby Association, at http://www.ruby-assn.org/
> releases/2007091901.html.ja
> There is an announcement about the Ruby Programming Language
> Certification Test.
> It is available this starting this October 27th in Japanese in Matsue
> city in Shimane prefecture, Japan.
> The English version of the test will be available online in February
> of 2008.
>
> The English page of Ruby Association has not yet been updated to
> reflect this information, but I believe many would be happy to hear
> about it!
>
> For more information,
> contact Mr. Shugo Maeda at:
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> I for one, hope we can establish a testing location in Austin!
>
> Note:
> Although the demand for certifications varies with different
> technologies and different organizations and even cultures,
> in Japan there is generally a certification process for just about
> everything you can imagine. Holding even the most obscure but
> relevant certification is well-regarded in Japan as reflecting your
> dedication to the subject matter.
>
>
>
>
>
>



There's 0 chance that I'd get a Ruby certification, and I'd laugh at
any potential employer who asked me about it.

Pat

 
Reply With Quote
 
David A. Black
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2007
Hi --

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007, Pat Maddox wrote:

> On 10/22/07, John Joyce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> In the Japanese page of Ruby Association, at http://www.ruby-assn.org/
>> releases/2007091901.html.ja
>> There is an announcement about the Ruby Programming Language
>> Certification Test.
>> It is available this starting this October 27th in Japanese in Matsue
>> city in Shimane prefecture, Japan.
>> The English version of the test will be available online in February
>> of 2008.
>>
>> The English page of Ruby Association has not yet been updated to
>> reflect this information, but I believe many would be happy to hear
>> about it!
>>
>> For more information,
>> contact Mr. Shugo Maeda at:
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>
>> I for one, hope we can establish a testing location in Austin!
>>
>> Note:
>> Although the demand for certifications varies with different
>> technologies and different organizations and even cultures,
>> in Japan there is generally a certification process for just about
>> everything you can imagine. Holding even the most obscure but
>> relevant certification is well-regarded in Japan as reflecting your
>> dedication to the subject matter.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>

>
>
> There's 0 chance that I'd get a Ruby certification, and I'd laugh at
> any potential employer who asked me about it.


I would say that about any unofficial certification, but if Matz and
Shugo are behind it, it's probably reasonable to give it a bit more
weight or at least a second look.


David

--
Upcoming training by David A. Black/Ruby Power and Light, LLC:
* Advancing With Rails, Edison, NJ, November 6-9
* Advancing With Rails, Berlin, Germany, November 19-22
* Intro to Rails, London, UK, December 3-6 (by Skills Matter)
See http://www.rubypal.com for details!

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
test test test richard Computer Support 3 01-24-2007 05:18 AM
TEST TEST Test...Blah Blah Blah generalbatguano@pacbell.net Computer Support 2 09-15-2006 03:47 AM
TEST TEST Test...Blah Blah Blah Generalbatguano@pacbell.net Computer Support 6 09-13-2006 01:53 AM
TEST TEST TEST Gazwad Computer Support 2 09-05-2003 07:32 PM
test test test test test test test Computer Support 2 07-02-2003 06:02 PM



Advertisments