Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > RubyForge migration hiccups

RubyForge migration hiccups

Tom Copeland

Hi all -

If you're having trouble committing to a RubyForge svn/cvs repo this
morning, it may be because the DNS change may not have propagated everywhere
yet, and I renamed the repo directories on the old machine to prevent
commits from being lost. So to accomodate this, if rubyforge.org still
resolves to 205.234.109.18 for you, you may want to add a hosts file entry
to point it to the new address - 205.234.109.19.

Yours,

Tom

Daniel Berger

On Oct 10, 10:22 am, "Tom Copeland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> If you're having trouble committing to a RubyForge svn/cvs repo this
> morning, it may be because the DNS change may not have propagated everywhere
> yet, and I renamed the repo directories on the old machine to prevent
> commits from being lost. So to accomodate this, if rubyforge.org still
> resolves to 205.234.109.18 for you, you may want to add a hosts file entry
> to point it to the new address - 205.234.109.19.

When I ping it I see 205.234.109.19, but I still see the maintenance
page when I point at it with my web browser. I cleaned out temp files,
cookies, history, etc. Still no joy.

Perhaps an automatic redirect could be done?

Regards,

Dan

Phil

Or clean your DNS cache? On Windows it's ipconfig /flushdns (needs Admin
priviliges).

I don't know about the *nix variant, though, but I guess it can be found in
man ifconfig.

--
Phillip Gawlowski

Sound playback hiccups when browsing internet John Gelanzes Computer Support 5 03-08-2007 10:54 PM
(Win32 API) callback to Python, threading hiccups Francois De Serres Python 5 07-08-2005 07:05 AM
Help .. Computer Hiccups? Charlie G Computer Support 2 07-01-2005 10:48 PM
python hiccups Gene Heskett Python 0 07-14-2004 05:35 PM
[ANN] [Slightly OT] [RubyForge] Anonymous CVS on RubyForge was broken for numerous projects... Tom Copeland Ruby 0 09-06-2003 05:44 PM

Advertisments