Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > A cautionary tale...

A cautionary tale...

Simon Mullis

Hi All,

I've been on this list since 2005 and have always wondered why none of
my (few) post have had responses. Were the questions I was asking
really that misguided / boring / obvious?

As I've got more and more familiar with Ruby I've also posted
solutions and comments to already present threads (again never with
any response, reference or comment).

I've just realised that a combination of changing my "from:" in gmail
to be the same as my "reply-to:" a long while ago and some degree of
overactivity of the gmail spam filters means that none of my posts
have ever made it to the list and I've never seen the response from
ruby-talk-admin saying that I'm not subscribed...

I am _officially_ an arse... haha!

So, expect a couple of posts from me today...

Cheers

SM

--
Simon Mullis
_________________

benjohn@fysh.org

> So, expect a couple of posts from me today...

pong.

Well, good work for discovering you were in a singularity, and
climbing out.

Robert Dober

On 9/28/07, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > So, expect a couple of posts from me today...
> >

> pong.
>
> Well, good work for discovering you were in a singularity, and
> climbing out.

Like Beverly did from a shrinking universe, remember that one?

Anyway

welcome to the list

Robert
--
what do I think about Ruby?
http://ruby-smalltalk.blogspot.com/

Daniel Lucraft

Robert Dober wrote:
> Like Beverly did from a shrinking universe, remember that one?

"Computer, describe the nature of the universe."

"The universe is a spheroid mass approximately 1200km in diameter."

Reid Thompson

On Sat, 2007-09-29 at 03:28 +0900, Daniel Lucraft wrote:
> Robert Dober wrote:
> > Like Beverly did from a shrinking universe, remember that one?
> >

> "Computer, describe the nature of the universe."
>
> "The universe is a spheroid mass approximately 1200km in diameter."

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/universe/howbig.html

Robert Dober

On 9/28/07, Reid Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-09-29 at 03:28 +0900, Daniel Lucraft wrote:
> > Robert Dober wrote:
> > > Like Beverly did from a shrinking universe, remember that one?
> > >

> > "Computer, describe the nature of the universe."
> >
> > "The universe is a spheroid mass approximately 1200km in diameter."

> http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/universe/howbig.html

Do you believe they know better than the computer equipping the
enterprise, c'on
R.