Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > sequel problem: no such file to load -- mysql (LoadError)

sequel problem: no such file to load -- mysql (LoadError)

Michael Andreasen

Hi, i tried to learn about sequel (and Ruby) and got this problem

/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:in
`require__': no such file to load -- mysql (LoadError)
from
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:in `require'
from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sequel-0.2.0.2/lib/sequel/mysql.rb:5
from
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require__'
from
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'
from /home/ruby/abc.rb:2

Anyone could point me in the right direction? Couldt google anything.

--
Br
Vento

Konrad Meyer

--nextPart4506007.rHRynLk21E

Quoth Michael Andreasen:
=2E..
> Anyone could point me in the right direction? Couldt google anything.
> --
> Br
> Vento

Why, was google broken?

=2D-=20
Konrad Meyer <(E-Mail Removed)> http://konrad.sobertillnoon.com/

--nextPart4506007.rHRynLk21E

--nextPart4506007.rHRynLk21E--

Mike Andersen

Konrad Meyer wrote:
> Why, was google broken?

Could be Either way i couldt find anything. So im still looking for
help on this one.

I admit im new to Ruby and maybe im googling the error msg incorrectly.
in any case any small point in the right direction would be appriciated.

--
thanks
Vento

Phil

Do you have a MySQL gem installed?

--
Phillip Gawlowski

Mike Andersen

thanks for your guidence which lead me to the soloution, but not the
problem.

gem install mysql

produces the following output:

make install
/bin/install -c -m 0755 mysql.so
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7/lib
Successfully installed mysql-2.7

however

ls -alh /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7/lib

showed this path to be empty. i copyied mysql.so like this

cp /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7/mysql.so
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7/lib/

and viola, it works!

Todd Benson

On 9/22/07, Wayne E. Seguin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The first and third of those lines are stating that the 'mysql'
> library is missing.
> Make sure that you have the ruby-mysql library installed, latest
> version is 2.7 I believe.
> "sudo gem install mysql"
>
> ~Wayne

Also--after you have installed your necessary libraries--remember that
your mysql server needs to be running. I've, myself, tried to
troubleshoot DB library things into the ground when the server just
didn't start. It seems simple and stupid, but it happens to the best.

Todd

Sharon Rosner

Michael, if you need more help with sequel we have our own group:

http://groups.google.com/group/sequel-talk

sharon

John Joyce

On Sep 22, 2007, at 8:45 AM, Todd Benson wrote:
> Also--after you have installed your necessary libraries--remember that
> your mysql server needs to be running. I've, myself, tried to
> troubleshoot DB library things into the ground when the server just
> didn't start. It seems simple and stupid, but it happens to the best.
>
> Todd

Yes! This is a common problem for all of us. It doesn't happen often,
so we don't see it or expect it. But, when the mysql server
application is stopped, you will get failure.