Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Just getting started

Just getting started

Dave

I just installed VS.Net 2003 on my Windows XP box.

When I start it up and try to create a new project it tells me "Web server
is not running ASP.NET version 1.1." I also get an error when I try to
check for online updates.

Can I run VS.Net on Windows XP and use the local web server?

If so, where do I get the ASP.NET component to install on my local web
server?

Thanks
Dave

Curt_C [MVP]

install IIS and then install VS. That's the traditional route

Curt

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just installed VS.Net 2003 on my Windows XP box.
>
> When I start it up and try to create a new project it tells me "Web server
> is not running ASP.NET version 1.1." I also get an error when I try to
> check for online updates.
>
> Can I run VS.Net on Windows XP and use the local web server?
>
> If so, where do I get the ASP.NET component to install on my local web
> server?
>
> Thanks
> Dave

Ashish M Bhonkiya

> If so, where do I get the ASP.NET component to install on my local web
> server?

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspne t_regiis.exe

-i - Install this version of ASP.NET and update scriptmaps
at the IIS metabase root and for all scriptmaps below
the root. Existing scriptmaps of lower version are
upgraded to this version.
--
Regards
Ashish M Bhonkiya

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just installed VS.Net 2003 on my Windows XP box.
>
> When I start it up and try to create a new project it tells me "Web server
> is not running ASP.NET version 1.1." I also get an error when I try to
> check for online updates.
>
> Can I run VS.Net on Windows XP and use the local web server?
>
> If so, where do I get the ASP.NET component to install on my local web
> server?
>
> Thanks
> Dave

Dave

Thank you Ashish

"Ashish M Bhonkiya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > If so, where do I get the ASP.NET component to install on my local web
> > server?

> C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspne t_regiis.exe
>
> -i - Install this version of ASP.NET and update scriptmaps
> at the IIS metabase root and for all scriptmaps below
> the root. Existing scriptmaps of lower version are
> upgraded to this version.
> --
> Regards
> Ashish M Bhonkiya
>
> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I just installed VS.Net 2003 on my Windows XP box.
> >
> > When I start it up and try to create a new project it tells me "Web

server
> > is not running ASP.NET version 1.1." I also get an error when I try to
> > check for online updates.
> >
> > Can I run VS.Net on Windows XP and use the local web server?
> >
> > If so, where do I get the ASP.NET component to install on my local web
> > server?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Dave

Just Getting Started with Python on MS XP Pro W. Watson Python 18 01-08-2007 09:09 AM
Just getting started abillmeier ASP .Net 0 03-07-2006 08:02 PM
Help. Just getting started Eric C++ 8 02-02-2005 04:22 PM
Just getting started looking into certifications... Marko MCSE 2 07-15-2003 03:19 PM
Re: Just getting started looking into certifications... Lady MCSE 2 07-15-2003 01:33 PM

Advertisments