Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [ANN] Metadata 0.5

Reply
Thread Tools

[ANN] Metadata 0.5

 
 
Ilmari Heikkinen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-16-2007
Konrad Meyer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Any chance you could wrap this up as a gem?


I already have a gemspec file, but gem screws up bin/chardet by
plastering it with #!/usr/bin/ruby boilerplate (it's a python file).

And I don't know how to turn it off.


> Another bug (Sorry ):
> $ mdh -p ~/music/Limp\ Bizkit\ -\ Rollin\'\ \(edited\).ogg
> sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('
> sh: -c: line 0: `ogginfo '/home/konrad/music/Limp Bizkit - Rollin\'
> (edited).ogg''
>
> (Last line was broken up to email length.) You're already escaping single
> quotes for the shell, need to escape start-parens and end-parens as well.


Argh, amateurish mistake on my part, thanks for catching that. Fixed.
If in a bit over-engineered way (creating a safely named link to the file.)
Probably impossible to safely pass a filename like "-f -i -l -e -z"
to a shell command that doesn't support "--" in any other way, though.


> Also:
> For mp3 id3v2 tags, the binary string "\xCB\x99\xC5\xA3" is being inserted
> at the front of all the string fields.
>
> [snip]
>
> I *think* this is an id3v2 thing. Also, it happens in more than one file and
> amaroK sees the tags "correctly", so I'm thinking it's on the metadata's
> end. Thanks!


Right you are. Fixed. No idea what was causing it. Moved to
using id3lib for the tags (it extracts embedded album art as well!) and
mplayer for the rest of the metadata.


Here we go, 0.5:

tarball: http://dark.fhtr.org/repos/metadata/metadata-0.5.tar.gz
git: http://dark.fhtr.org/repos/metadata


Description
-----------

This package `Metadata' comes with a library called `metadata' and
a small program called `mdh'.

The library probes files for their metadata (e.g. jpeg dimensions
and camera make, mp3 artist, pdf word count) and returns the metadata
as a Hash.

Mdh can print out file metadata as YAML and package the metadata
with the file.

This package has many dependencies since there is no single universal
metadata header format that all files use. Blame resource forks, filename
extensions, bags of bytes and mimetypes.


Usage
-----

# print out metadata header
mdh -p myfile.jpg

# create myfile.jpg.mdh, which consists of metadata header + myfile.jpg
mdh myfile.jpg

# print out metadata header from mdh file
mdh -e -p myfile.jpg.mdh

# strip out metadata header from mdh file and save it to myfile.jpg
mdh -e myfile.jpg.mdh

# print out list of flags
mdh -h

irb> Metadata.extract('myfile.jpg')
irb> Metadata.extract_text('myfile.jpg')
irb> Pathname.new("myfile.jpg").metadata


List of supported formats
-------------------------

Audio:
Whatever you manage to make mplayer play.
Plus FLAC, m4a and wma handled specially.
Successfully tested with:
mp3, flac, ogg, wav
Should also work:
wma, m4a

Video:
Whatever you manage to make mplayer play.
Successfully tested with:
wmv, mov, divx, xvid, flv, ogm, mpg

Images:
Should handle pretty much anything (apart from XCF and ORF.)
Successfully tested with:
jpeg, png, gif, nef, dng, crw, pef, psd

Documents:
Successfully tested with:
pdf, ppt, odp, sxi, ps, ps.gz, html, txt
Should work:
- OpenOffice docs work to some degree (personally, I'm using unoconv to
convert OO docs to temp PDFs for the text & dimensions extraction, so
those bits of data are missing.)
- MS Office docs to some degree (ppt at least, doc and xls should work too,
dimensions missing due to the above temp PDF -thing.)

Others:
Whatever extract spits out on the five or six bits of metadata I'm using
from it. Archive contents at least.

Requirements
------------

* Ruby 1.8

* Tons of metadata extraction programs and libs,
list of gems:
flacinfo-rb
wmainfo-rb
MP4info
id3lib-ruby
list of debian packages:
dcraw
libimlib2-ruby
extract
libimage-exiftool-perl
poppler-utils
mplayer
html2text
imagemagick
unhtml
pstotext
antiword
catdoc
shared-mime-info

* You do want to install the latest versions of dcraw and
shared-mime-info to be able to handle camera raw images.
http://cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/
http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/shared-mime-info

* Python + chardet library
http://chardet.feedparser.org/

Install
-------

De-compress archive and enter its top directory.
Then type:

($ su)
# ruby setup.rb

These simple step installs this program under the default
location of Ruby libraries. You can also install files into
your favorite directory by supplying setup.rb some options.
Try "ruby setup.rb --help".


License
-------

Ruby's

--
Ilmari Heikkinen <ilmari.heikkinen gmail com>
http://fhtr.blogspot.com

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Konrad Meyer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-16-2007
--nextPart2436955.XrW6RtufSZ
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

Quoth Ilmari Heikkinen:
> Konrad Meyer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Any chance you could wrap this up as a gem?

>=20
> I already have a gemspec file, but gem screws up bin/chardet by
> plastering it with #!/usr/bin/ruby boilerplate (it's a python file).
>=20
> And I don't know how to turn it off.
>=20
>=20
> > Another bug (Sorry ):
> > $ mdh -p ~/music/Limp\ Bizkit\ -\ Rollin\'\ \(edited\).ogg
> > sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('
> > sh: -c: line 0: `ogginfo '/home/konrad/music/Limp Bizkit - Rollin\'
> > (edited).ogg''
> >
> > (Last line was broken up to email length.) You're already escaping sing=

le
> > quotes for the shell, need to escape start-parens and end-parens as wel=

l.
>=20
> Argh, amateurish mistake on my part, thanks for catching that. Fixed.
> If in a bit over-engineered way (creating a safely named link to the file=

=2E)
> Probably impossible to safely pass a filename like "-f -i -l -e -z"
> to a shell command that doesn't support "--" in any other way, though.
>=20
>=20
> > Also:
> > For mp3 id3v2 tags, the binary string "\xCB\x99\xC5\xA3" is being inser=

ted
> > at the front of all the string fields.
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > I *think* this is an id3v2 thing. Also, it happens in more than one fil=

e=20
and
> > amaroK sees the tags "correctly", so I'm thinking it's on the metadata's
> > end. Thanks!

>=20
> Right you are. Fixed. No idea what was causing it. Moved to
> using id3lib for the tags (it extracts embedded album art as well!) and
> mplayer for the rest of the metadata.
>=20
>=20
> Here we go, 0.5:
>=20
> tarball: http://dark.fhtr.org/repos/metadata/metadata-0.5.tar.gz
> git: http://dark.fhtr.org/repos/metadata
>
> ...
>=20
> --
> Ilmari Heikkinen <ilmari.heikkinen gmail com>
> http://fhtr.blogspot.com


Thanks, trying it out now. (I'm basically running it on every file
in my collection and running back to you when I get errors. )

=2D-=20
Konrad Meyer <(E-Mail Removed)> http://konrad.sobertillnoon.com/

--nextPart2436955.XrW6RtufSZ
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature; name=signature.asc
Content-Description: This is a digitally signed message part.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQBG7RoXCHB0oCiR2cwRAgi5AJ9yOb/VCX8egoJ2Si5MtpIw8IscbwCgiabO
dSyUUSTtBezL67NqUQ55kiE=
=xym/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--nextPart2436955.XrW6RtufSZ--

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Konrad Meyer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-16-2007
--nextPart1916627.dPRiRoWNCN
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

Quoth Ilmari Heikkinen:
> Konrad Meyer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Any chance you could wrap this up as a gem?

>=20
> I already have a gemspec file, but gem screws up bin/chardet by
> plastering it with #!/usr/bin/ruby boilerplate (it's a python file).
>=20
> And I don't know how to turn it off.
>=20
>=20
> > Another bug (Sorry ):
> > $ mdh -p ~/music/Limp\ Bizkit\ -\ Rollin\'\ \(edited\).ogg
> > sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('
> > sh: -c: line 0: `ogginfo '/home/konrad/music/Limp Bizkit - Rollin\'
> > (edited).ogg''
> >
> > (Last line was broken up to email length.) You're already escaping sing=

le
> > quotes for the shell, need to escape start-parens and end-parens as wel=

l.
>=20
> Argh, amateurish mistake on my part, thanks for catching that. Fixed.
> If in a bit over-engineered way (creating a safely named link to the file=

=2E)
> Probably impossible to safely pass a filename like "-f -i -l -e -z"
> to a shell command that doesn't support "--" in any other way, though.
>=20
>=20
> > Also:
> > For mp3 id3v2 tags, the binary string "\xCB\x99\xC5\xA3" is being inser=

ted
> > at the front of all the string fields.
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > I *think* this is an id3v2 thing. Also, it happens in more than one fil=

e=20
and
> > amaroK sees the tags "correctly", so I'm thinking it's on the metadata's
> > end. Thanks!

>=20
> Right you are. Fixed. No idea what was causing it. Moved to
> using id3lib for the tags (it extracts embedded album art as well!) and
> mplayer for the rest of the metadata.
>=20
>=20
> Here we go, 0.5:
>=20
> tarball: http://dark.fhtr.org/repos/metadata/metadata-0.5.tar.gz
> git: http://dark.fhtr.org/repos/metadata
>=20
>=20
> Description
> -----------
>=20
> This package `Metadata' comes with a library called `metadata' and
> a small program called `mdh'.
>=20
> The library probes files for their metadata (e.g. jpeg dimensions
> and camera make, mp3 artist, pdf word count) and returns the metadata
> as a Hash.
>=20
> Mdh can print out file metadata as YAML and package the metadata
> with the file.
>=20
> This package has many dependencies since there is no single universal
> metadata header format that all files use. Blame resource forks, filena=

me
> extensions, bags of bytes and mimetypes.
>=20
>=20
> Usage
> -----
>=20
> # print out metadata header
> mdh -p myfile.jpg
>=20
> # create myfile.jpg.mdh, which consists of metadata header + myfile.jpg
> mdh myfile.jpg
>=20
> # print out metadata header from mdh file
> mdh -e -p myfile.jpg.mdh
>=20
> # strip out metadata header from mdh file and save it to myfile.jpg
> mdh -e myfile.jpg.mdh
>=20
> # print out list of flags
> mdh -h
>=20
> irb> Metadata.extract('myfile.jpg')
> irb> Metadata.extract_text('myfile.jpg')
> irb> Pathname.new("myfile.jpg").metadata
>=20
>=20
> List of supported formats
> -------------------------
>=20
> Audio:
> Whatever you manage to make mplayer play.
> Plus FLAC, m4a and wma handled specially.
> Successfully tested with:
> mp3, flac, ogg, wav
> Should also work:
> wma, m4a
>=20
> Video:
> Whatever you manage to make mplayer play.
> Successfully tested with:
> wmv, mov, divx, xvid, flv, ogm, mpg
>=20
> Images:
> Should handle pretty much anything (apart from XCF and ORF.)
> Successfully tested with:
> jpeg, png, gif, nef, dng, crw, pef, psd
>=20
> Documents:
> Successfully tested with:
> pdf, ppt, odp, sxi, ps, ps.gz, html, txt
> Should work:
> - OpenOffice docs work to some degree (personally, I'm using unoconv =

to
> convert OO docs to temp PDFs for the text & dimensions extraction, =

so
> those bits of data are missing.)
> - MS Office docs to some degree (ppt at least, doc and xls should wor=

k=20
too,
> dimensions missing due to the above temp PDF -thing.)
>=20
> Others:
> Whatever extract spits out on the five or six bits of metadata I'm us=

ing
> from it. Archive contents at least.
>=20
> Requirements
> ------------
>=20
> * Ruby 1.8
>=20
> * Tons of metadata extraction programs and libs,
> list of gems:
> flacinfo-rb
> wmainfo-rb
> MP4info
> id3lib-ruby
> list of debian packages:
> dcraw
> libimlib2-ruby
> extract
> libimage-exiftool-perl
> poppler-utils
> mplayer
> html2text
> imagemagick
> unhtml
> pstotext
> antiword
> catdoc
> shared-mime-info
>=20
> * You do want to install the latest versions of dcraw and
> shared-mime-info to be able to handle camera raw images.
> http://cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/
> http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/shared-mime-info
>=20
> * Python + chardet library
> http://chardet.feedparser.org/
>=20
> Install
> -------
>=20
> De-compress archive and enter its top directory.
> Then type:
>=20
> ($ su)
> # ruby setup.rb
>=20
> These simple step installs this program under the default
> location of Ruby libraries. You can also install files into
> your favorite directory by supplying setup.rb some options.
> Try "ruby setup.rb --help".
>=20
>=20
> License
> -------
>=20
> Ruby's
>=20
> --
> Ilmari Heikkinen <ilmari.heikkinen gmail com>
> http://fhtr.blogspot.com


Another bug, here we go:

undefined method `audio_x_vorbis_ogg' for Metadata:Module
undefined method `audio_x_vorbis_ogg' for Metadata:Module
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:365:in `video_x_theora_og=
g'
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:142:in `__send__'
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:142:in `extract'

That code that seems to be failing is:

def video_x_theora_ogg(filename, charset)
h =3D video(filename, charset)
wma =3D audio_x_vorbis_ogg(filename, charset)
%w(
Artist Title Album Genre ReleaseDate TrackNo VariableBitrate
).each{|t|
h['Video.'+t] =3D wma['Audio.'+t]
}
h
end

This makes sense, as audio_x_vorbis_ogg() doesn't exist anywhere else.

=2D-=20
Konrad Meyer <(E-Mail Removed)> http://konrad.sobertillnoon.com/

--nextPart1916627.dPRiRoWNCN
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature; name=signature.asc
Content-Description: This is a digitally signed message part.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQBG7R2CCHB0oCiR2cwRArYdAKCW9skY/1wZHeAABn3+USvHwb4DvQCfcqIp
Epu7SVDCHG8S25L+DJzImII=
=M9Ox
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--nextPart1916627.dPRiRoWNCN--

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ilmari Heikkinen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-16-2007
On 9/16/07, Konrad Meyer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Another bug, here we go:


> undefined method `audio_x_vorbis_ogg' for Metadata:Module


> This makes sense, as audio_x_vorbis_ogg() doesn't exist anywhere else.


Fixed. And 0.6
http://dark.fhtr.org/repos/metadata/metadata-0.6.tar.gz

 
Reply With Quote
 
Konrad Meyer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-16-2007
--nextPart1460016.8SKBsZgep3
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

Quoth Ilmari Heikkinen:
> On 9/16/07, Konrad Meyer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>=20
> > Another bug, here we go:

>=20
> > undefined method `audio_x_vorbis_ogg' for Metadata:Module

>=20
> > This makes sense, as audio_x_vorbis_ogg() doesn't exist anywhere else. =


>=20
> Fixed. And 0.6
> http://dark.fhtr.org/repos/metadata/metadata-0.6.tar.gz


Ooh, here's another:

/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:735:in `unlink': No such fi=
le=20
or directory - _tmp_metadata_temp_22720__604265598_1189946590.270 22=20
(Errno::ENOENT)
from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:735:in=20
`secure_filename'
from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:590:in=20
`extract_extract_info'
from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:153:in `extrac=
t'

Not sure what that is, and frankly atm my brain is a bit too weak to think
about it. But you should be fresh and able to solve that.

=2D-=20
Konrad Meyer <(E-Mail Removed)> http://konrad.sobertillnoon.com/

--nextPart1460016.8SKBsZgep3
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature; name=signature.asc
Content-Description: This is a digitally signed message part.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQBG7SWDCHB0oCiR2cwRAkSCAJ9ygpHsS8Xw+Zlqo4M3zV N79zukbQCguZOP
pmwdE/PKN18+Qt5OahJP6F4=
=CroN
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--nextPart1460016.8SKBsZgep3--

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ilmari Heikkinen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-16-2007
On 9/16/07, Konrad Meyer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Quoth Ilmari Heikkinen:
> > On 9/16/07, Konrad Meyer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > > Another bug, here we go:

> >
> > > undefined method `audio_x_vorbis_ogg' for Metadata:Module

> >
> > > This makes sense, as audio_x_vorbis_ogg() doesn't exist anywhere else.

> >
> > Fixed. And 0.6
> > http://dark.fhtr.org/repos/metadata/metadata-0.6.tar.gz

>
> Ooh, here's another:
>
> /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:735:in `unlink': No such file
> or directory - _tmp_metadata_temp_22720__604265598_1189946590.270 22
> (Errno::ENOENT)
> from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:735:in
> `secure_filename'
> from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:590:in
> `extract_extract_info'
> from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:153:in `extract'
>
> Not sure what that is, and frankly atm my brain is a bit too weak to think
> about it. But you should be fresh and able to solve that.


Apparently temporary hardlinks weren't such a hot idea after all. Nuts.

Ok, now escaping filename by default, only trying to "ln rescue cp" for
filenames starting with a dash. Running it against my downloads-dir
presently, been working ok thus far. YMMV of course

http://dark.fhtr.org/repos/metadata/metadata-0.7.tar.gz

 
Reply With Quote
 
Konrad Meyer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-16-2007
--nextPart1701079.cmvNZQ0e5P
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

Quoth Ilmari Heikkinen:
> On 9/16/07, Konrad Meyer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Quoth Ilmari Heikkinen:
> > > On 9/16/07, Konrad Meyer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > >
> > > > Another bug, here we go:
> > >
> > > > undefined method `audio_x_vorbis_ogg' for Metadata:Module
> > >
> > > > This makes sense, as audio_x_vorbis_ogg() doesn't exist anywhere=20

else.
> > >
> > > Fixed. And 0.6
> > > http://dark.fhtr.org/repos/metadata/metadata-0.6.tar.gz

> >
> > Ooh, here's another:
> >
> > /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:735:in `unlink': No suc=

h=20
file
> > or directory - _tmp_metadata_temp_22720__604265598_1189946590.270 22
> > (Errno::ENOENT)
> > from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:735:in
> > `secure_filename'
> > from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:590:in
> > `extract_extract_info'
> > from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:153:in=20

`extract'
> >
> > Not sure what that is, and frankly atm my brain is a bit too weak to th=

ink
> > about it. But you should be fresh and able to solve that.

>=20
> Apparently temporary hardlinks weren't such a hot idea after all. Nuts.
>=20
> Ok, now escaping filename by default, only trying to "ln rescue cp" for
> filenames starting with a dash. Running it against my downloads-dir
> presently, been working ok thus far. YMMV of course
>=20
> http://dark.fhtr.org/repos/metadata/metadata-0.7.tar.gz


The title tag isn't being parsed out of oggs:

$ mdh -p music/korn_-_clown.ogg=20
Video.TrackNo: 16
Video.Artist: Korn
Video.Genre: Hard Rock
Video.Album: Greatest Hits Vol. 1

vs mplayer:

Ogg file format detected.
Clip info:
Genre: Hard Rock
Name: Clown
Artist: Korn
Album: Greatest Hits Vol. 1
Track: 16

Cheers,
=2D-=20
Konrad Meyer <(E-Mail Removed)> http://konrad.sobertillnoon.com/

--nextPart1701079.cmvNZQ0e5P
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature; name=signature.asc
Content-Description: This is a digitally signed message part.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQBG7afNCHB0oCiR2cwRArbwAKCjfb1RYGBF8gnEkz5oPw M0XC0+mgCfTugg
+0E7h5FQqbdh0bVrXN48BHc=
=h/qo
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--nextPart1701079.cmvNZQ0e5P--

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ilmari Heikkinen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-17-2007
On 9/17/07, Konrad Meyer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Quoth Ilmari Heikkinen:
> > On 9/16/07, Konrad Meyer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > Quoth Ilmari Heikkinen:
> > > > On 9/16/07, Konrad Meyer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > Another bug, here we go:
> > > >
> > > > > undefined method `audio_x_vorbis_ogg' for Metadata:Module
> > > >
> > > > > This makes sense, as audio_x_vorbis_ogg() doesn't exist anywhere

> else.
> > > >
> > > > Fixed. And 0.6
> > > > http://dark.fhtr.org/repos/metadata/metadata-0.6.tar.gz
> > >
> > > Ooh, here's another:
> > >
> > > /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:735:in `unlink': No such

> file
> > > or directory - _tmp_metadata_temp_22720__604265598_1189946590.270 22
> > > (Errno::ENOENT)
> > > from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:735:in
> > > `secure_filename'
> > > from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:590:in
> > > `extract_extract_info'
> > > from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:153:in

> `extract'
> > >
> > > Not sure what that is, and frankly atm my brain is a bit too weak to think
> > > about it. But you should be fresh and able to solve that.

> >
> > Apparently temporary hardlinks weren't such a hot idea after all. Nuts.
> >
> > Ok, now escaping filename by default, only trying to "ln rescue cp" for
> > filenames starting with a dash. Running it against my downloads-dir
> > presently, been working ok thus far. YMMV of course
> >
> > http://dark.fhtr.org/repos/metadata/metadata-0.7.tar.gz

>
> The title tag isn't being parsed out of oggs:
>
> $ mdh -p music/korn_-_clown.ogg
> Video.TrackNo: 16
> Video.Artist: Korn
> Video.Genre: Hard Rock
> Video.Album: Greatest Hits Vol. 1
>
> vs mplayer:
>
> Ogg file format detected.
> Clip info:
> Genre: Hard Rock
> Name: Clown
> Artist: Korn
> Album: Greatest Hits Vol. 1
> Track: 16
>


Ah, it uses Name instead of Title. Thanks!
Added it and made 0.8.

http://dark.fhtr.org/repos/metadata/metadata-0.8.tar.gz

Now I wonder what other synonyms mplayer uses...
I'd really appreciate it if you could run the following over
your media library and tell what field names it spews out:

find $MEDIA_LIBRARY_DIR -type f | \
mplayer -identify -ao null -vo null -frames 0 -playlist - | \
grep ID_CLIP_INFO_NAME | sed 's/^.*=//' | sort | uniq

(replace $MEDIA_LIBRARY_DIR with the directory name)

Thanks again,
--
Ilmari Heikkinen
http://fhtr.blogspot.com

 
Reply With Quote
 
Konrad Meyer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-17-2007
--nextPart2191061.PLc03qNWHU
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

Quoth Ilmari Heikkinen:
> On 9/17/07, Konrad Meyer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Quoth Ilmari Heikkinen:
> > > On 9/16/07, Konrad Meyer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > > Quoth Ilmari Heikkinen:
> > > > > On 9/16/07, Konrad Meyer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > Another bug, here we go:
> > > > >
> > > > > > undefined method `audio_x_vorbis_ogg' for Metadata:Module
> > > > >
> > > > > > This makes sense, as audio_x_vorbis_ogg() doesn't exist anywhere

> > else.
> > > > >
> > > > > Fixed. And 0.6
> > > > > http://dark.fhtr.org/repos/metadata/metadata-0.6.tar.gz
> > > >
> > > > Ooh, here's another:
> > > >
> > > > /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:735:in `unlink': No=

=20
such
> > file
> > > > or directory - _tmp_metadata_temp_22720__604265598_1189946590.270 22
> > > > (Errno::ENOENT)
> > > > from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:735:in
> > > > `secure_filename'
> > > > from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:590:in
> > > > `extract_extract_info'
> > > > from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:153:in

> > `extract'
> > > >
> > > > Not sure what that is, and frankly atm my brain is a bit too weak t=

o=20
think
> > > > about it. But you should be fresh and able to solve that.
> > >
> > > Apparently temporary hardlinks weren't such a hot idea after all. Nut=

s.
> > >
> > > Ok, now escaping filename by default, only trying to "ln rescue cp" f=

or
> > > filenames starting with a dash. Running it against my downloads-dir
> > > presently, been working ok thus far. YMMV of course
> > >
> > > http://dark.fhtr.org/repos/metadata/metadata-0.7.tar.gz

> >
> > The title tag isn't being parsed out of oggs:
> >
> > $ mdh -p music/korn_-_clown.ogg
> > Video.TrackNo: 16
> > Video.Artist: Korn
> > Video.Genre: Hard Rock
> > Video.Album: Greatest Hits Vol. 1
> >
> > vs mplayer:
> >
> > Ogg file format detected.
> > Clip info:
> > Genre: Hard Rock
> > Name: Clown
> > Artist: Korn
> > Album: Greatest Hits Vol. 1
> > Track: 16
> >

>=20
> Ah, it uses Name instead of Title. Thanks!
> Added it and made 0.8.
>=20
> http://dark.fhtr.org/repos/metadata/metadata-0.8.tar.gz
>=20
> Now I wonder what other synonyms mplayer uses...
> I'd really appreciate it if you could run the following over
> your media library and tell what field names it spews out:
>=20
> find $MEDIA_LIBRARY_DIR -type f | \
> mplayer -identify -ao null -vo null -frames 0 -playlist - | \
> grep ID_CLIP_INFO_NAME | sed 's/^.*=3D//' | sort | uniq
>=20
> (replace $MEDIA_LIBRARY_DIR with the directory name)
>=20
> Thanks again,
> --
> Ilmari Heikkinen
> http://fhtr.blogspot.com


I'd love to run that but mplayer dies rather early on on some of my files.
Also, seems like we have another bug (not sure what kind of file it's on,
sorry):

undefined method `empty?' for 40:Fixnum
undefined method `empty?' for 40:Fixnum
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:765:in `enc_utf8'
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:352:in `video'
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:142:in `__send__'
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/metadata/extract.rb:142:in `extract'

I'd guess one of the libraries you're using for parsing is giving back 40
as a genre or track number (a bit high, but might be tagged wrong) and it
needs to be converted to a string before you can use it.

Thanks!
=2D-=20
Konrad Meyer <(E-Mail Removed)> http://konrad.sobertillnoon.com/

--nextPart2191061.PLc03qNWHU
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature; name=signature.asc
Content-Description: This is a digitally signed message part.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQBG7jL1CHB0oCiR2cwRAnfgAJ9gq1JThinfb58fXeYWpF 33uxss3wCfdkKS
yWVonRjP8EUbTENiYWKr2RE=
=GnEy
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--nextPart2191061.PLc03qNWHU--

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ilmari Heikkinen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-17-2007
On 9/17/07, Konrad Meyer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Quoth Ilmari Heikkinen:
> > find $MEDIA_LIBRARY_DIR -type f | \
> > mplayer -identify -ao null -vo null -frames 0 -playlist - | \
> > grep ID_CLIP_INFO_NAME | sed 's/^.*=//' | sort | uniq
> >
> > (replace $MEDIA_LIBRARY_DIR with the directory name)
> >


> I'd love to run that but mplayer dies rather early on on some of my files.


Hmm, here's a ruby version that should work through those:

media_dir = "music"
seen_names = {}
mpc = "mplayer -identify -ao null -vo null -frames 0 -playlist - 2>/dev/null"
Dir["#{media_dir}/**/*"].each{|fn|
if File.file?(fn)
IO.popen(mpc, "r+"){|mp|
begin
mp.puts fn
mp.close_write
tags = mp.read.strip.split("\n").grep(/^ID_CLIP_INFO_NAME/)
names = tags.map{|t| t.split("=", 2)[1] }
names.each{|n|
seen_names[n] ||= (puts n; true)
}
rescue
end
}
end
}

> I'd guess one of the libraries you're using for parsing is giving back 40
> as a genre or track number (a bit high, but might be tagged wrong) and it
> needs to be converted to a string before you can use it.


Good catch, thanks. Fixed.
http://dark.fhtr.org/repos/metadata/metadata-0.9.tar.gz


>
> Thanks!
> --
> Konrad Meyer <(E-Mail Removed)> http://konrad.sobertillnoon.com/
>
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Metadata file could not be found john ASP .Net 0 02-25-2004 04:42 PM
MetaData - Beta Version =?Utf-8?B?SmF2aWVyIEx1bmEgKFBFUlUp?= ASP .Net 0 02-17-2004 10:16 PM
RE: CS0006: Metadata file could not be found Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT] ASP .Net 5 10-20-2003 01:19 AM
Schema Metadata not a Metadata Schema Brett Selleck XML 1 09-04-2003 05:02 PM
ASP.Net & IIS MetaData Question Shawn & Jo-an Mehaffie ASP .Net 1 08-05-2003 09:15 PM



Advertisments